PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android not charging battery

I had just downloaded the 3.10.10 zip of android to try for the first time last night.

The battery was fairly discharged but seemed to be working.

I noticed on point I plugged it in to charge and didnt indicate it was charging anything but the orange light was on so I thought it was.

Later I disconnected it for about 30 mins and came back and reconnected it after noticing the battery indicator was not running.

Showed it was charging. I started playing frozen bubble and after a good 15 minutes the screen went blank.

The led was still on and no responce. Not even the reset worked. So I unplugged took out the battery and waited about 10 seconds and pluged the battery back in. BRICK.

Now this is with the extended battery. I still had my standard battery and it worked just fine.

I waited another minute to two and tried the extended battery again. Working fine now and recharged in windows.

Now I don't know how this glitched. It wasn't a thermal shutdown because it was barely warm. I have no explaination but makes me think I shouldn't charge with droid just yet.

Last edited by coolsilver; 03-13-2010 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Android almost bricked my battery/phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
I had just downloaded the 3.10.10 zip of android to try for the first time last night.

I noticed on point I plugged it in to charge and didnt indicate it was charging anything but the orange light was on so I thought it was.

Later I disconnected it for about 30 mins and came back and reconnected it after noticing the battery indicator was not running.

Showed it was charging. I started playing frozen bubble and after a good 15 minutes the screen went blank.

The led was still on and no responce. Not even the reset worked. So I unplugged took out the battery and waited about 10 seconds and pluged the battery back in. BRICK.

Now this is with the extended battery. I still had my standard battery and it worked just fine.

I waited another minute to two and tried the extended battery again. Working fine now and recharged in windows.

Now I don't know how this glitched. It wasn't a thermal shutdown because it was barely warm. I have no explaination but makes me think I shouldn't charge with droid just yet.
Why the need for this thread when battery charging in Android doesnt work ?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Capone is just getting started

You didn't "almost" brick your phone, your battery died. If you would have read through the forums you would know that charging in android doesn't work yet.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

lol... what more can i say
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I understand you are frustrated that I am unable to read all the posts before playing or posting.

I simply stated it was my first time using it. As with many, I can not remember all the limitations while giggling like a school girl when you have linux based os on a phone.

I thought this might help others get it working properly or at least let other newbies know. But since it is posted elsewhere that is rather unnecessary.

Thank you for the information.

Last edited by coolsilver; 03-13-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Feature Status
Working
  • CDMA Radio: phone calls, SMS
  • CDMA Data: only tested with Sprint, Verizon should work, MetroPCS, USCC and others may not
  • Earpiece/mic (only for phone calls)
  • WiFi (Networks with WEP encryption do not work, unprotected and WPA networks are fine)
  • Keyboard
  • Backlight control: turn off auto-dimming in WinMo if you want it to work
Semi-Working
  • Touchscreen: works but has glitches
  • Battery status:
  • Power management: Definitely a work in progress, don't expect more than maybe 8 hours on a charge.
Not Working
  • Sound (music, ringtones, etc.)
  • Speakerphone
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Hardware 3D accel
  • USB Mass Storage
By the way I didn't see anything about the battery charging not working just battery status.

Maybe I should skim through the 100 pages or so to find where it is not working.

FYI, the elitism I get already isn't conductive for good development nor support of users submitting any bugs they find.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

wwjclemd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post

BTW, Im a noob not an elite, and your post is detrimental to the development of this port.

This is exactly why people that cant read shouldn't play with their phones... If your not willing to read the thread that you download from... DONT DONLOAD FROM IT!!! That includes flashing roms, playing with android, and even installing the simpelest of cabs. If you dont know anything about it, dont use it!!!

Anyway, like Mackie said, you cant charge your phone while in Android yet. the orange/ green light is only for diagnostic purposes. Orange means your phone is awake and green means you phone is completly asleep.

All that happened is you completly drained your battery. So... charge your phone for like 5 minutes so it actually has enough power to turn on and your phone will be fine. Meanwhile, in that 5 minutes that your phone is charging, I suggest that you go th the forum that you downloaded from and READ!!!!!!!!!

The mere topic of your thread is enough to make others not want to try this amazing port of Android OS.

By the way, everyone in the Android Development Forum is extremly helpful. You could have asked "What is up with my phone?" in that thread and someone would have been glad to help you. There was really no need for you to create a new thread.

And my frustration is that you thought it necessary to start a new thread for your battery problem. If all of us did that................ ya know what... never mind.

Last edited by wwjclemd; 03-13-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I shall continue to read the forums. Thank you for your permission and advise to do so.

Sadly you do not know how technical I may be. I had seen the post on the LED and sleep but did not register that it did not indicate the phone was charging.

It's a simple misunderstanding. Honestly what liability do you have if some ignorant person like myself installs android on their phone and bricks it. NONE.

Yes I did not read as thoroughly as you and others demand. Deal with it. Once things pick up even more you will be swimming in a sea of stupid unwanted and unneeded threads like this one.

Consider your tone before going off on someone.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Again here is the information listed in the first posts which says nothing about improper charging but only sleep.

My Notification LED is always on?
Current state of the Notification LED is more for diagnostic purposes. It isn't functioning yet for true notifications. It is more for diagnostics right now from my understanding to let you know that the phone is in sleep mode. If the light isn't Green when sleeping then it hasn't ran it's power collapse mode and it is draining your battery. I get an occasional Flash from Green to Orange and I assume it is when the phone wakes up to check things like mail etc. But otherwise it is Green all the time the phone is sleeping. Which is good!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Does charging not work, or does the battery bar work? It is showing 100% all the time.
In current state, at least that I have found, charging isn't working via Android, nor is the Battery bar working properly. This is work in progress, and hopefully things will get figured out soon. For now I believe you have to boot back into Windows Mobile to charge. Sorry. Battery does seem to last anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on usage of course. And some have said as the battery is getting low it does change to like 20% or something all of the sudden

I found it, near the bottom of the page among info about which carriers it works on and gps. Thanks guys for all the help. I'll go back to playing with my phone. Good luck.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2