PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how is the android bat life

it is way too early in this to be talking about battery life.....you have to get everything developed first before you start tweaking the development that was done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use this strictly for play anyways. So I play for a few hours - then go back to Winmo when I have to go to work.

I figure people would just be happy if they could charge the phone while in Android.

Last edited by Oridus; 03-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
I use this strictly for play anyways. So I play for a few hours - then go back to Winmo when I have to go to work.
+1 I see what I can break lol
Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
If you ever had an Android phone then you already know that the batter life on a regular Android device is not that great. So you can imagine how it is on a phone that originally did not come with the OS. IMO the battery life sucks!!
What Android phone did you have? Because I have a Samsung moment and can easily go a full 24 hours on one charge. With a hundred or so sms and email messages, two to three hours on the phone, an hour or so Internet use (browser, Market, etc) and at least an hour of plating games, watching videos, etc.

Straight to the point, I had a TP2 before my Moment and the battery on my Moment is better. So, I ask again, what Android phone did you have to make these claims of poor battery performance?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

OK so my phone finally shut off and dies. I had my standard Verizon issued 1500 Mah battery fully charged where the green light was on in Windows. I booted into android and went along with running my errands and had my extended in my pocket for when it died on me I could keep going through my day. Android killed my battery in almost exactly 3 1/2 hours. I have to say though, that I am really really rough on my devices and I have never had a PDA/ Smart Phone that I have been able to get a full days use out of it. I usually have to charge my extended battery at least once or twice throughout the day just to make it through the day. I am hoping that these incredible minds of Pippy and Civic can get this working soon, I personally can deal with no sound because if the battery issues are the way they are now and then we have sound, I will be temped to use Android for allot more like watching videos and listening to music. I also have to mention that I had Wi-Fi turned off the whole day so that didn't influence the battery at all.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

I have routinely received about 6-7 hours of battery life so far when starting android from a full charge.

While not great, I consider it pretty damn good considering it hasn't even been worked on yet. =D>
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Wow 6-7 hours, the most I've gotten is about 2.5 with wifi off! Then the phone has to be charged before WM will boot up. I'm definitely anticipating a power management fix most of all, followed by sound.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Wow 6-7 hours, the most I've gotten is about 2.5 with wifi off! Then the phone has to be charged before WM will boot up. I'm definitely anticipating a power management fix most of all, followed by sound.
I've hit 8 hours the last two days, but to be fair I was in class most of that time and there wasn't much activity other than it auto-checking my email and a few minor things in between classes

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 AM
V.I.P

I get enough battery life to tinker.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz

i spoke to a good friend who has the vogue. ... He says its better than WM battery life when running android from SD. Take it for what its worth. He is very pleased with it. Does database programming and web design.

The vogue as we all know is much more advanced with the android port at this point. I think the only think that doesnt work at this point for him is A2DP BT.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2