PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [ ROM ][ v1.1 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 28MB :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
sweet...thank you sir
This incorrect. You still need to have the android files on your SD. at the moment the android kernel cannot read the flash flesystem (tp2 internal storage). All this is a very lim version of WM made for booting android. I made one that boots android automatically, both work well. It seems really that it does not matter what ROM you are running on top of, because haret completely unloads WM from memory. The only benefit I see is of course startup time, I got from power on to android desktop in like 2 mins or less with both calk's 6.1 version and my own 6.5.

the progress on android is astounding. having it load before windows UI makes it seem like an android ROM. Couple that with a quick android bootsplash and nobody would know any better if they didn't know that it is impossible at this time to load it natively. Well, maybe the framebuffer loadign sequence would give it away to a geek person, anyone else probably not
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
This incorrect. You still need to have the android files on your SD. at the moment the android kernel cannot read the flash flesystem (tp2 internal storage). All this is a very lim version of WM made for booting android. I made one that boots android automatically, both work well. It seems really that it does not matter what ROM you are running on top of, because haret completely unloads WM from memory. The only benefit I see is of course startup time, I got from power on to android desktop in like 2 mins or less with both calk's 6.1 version and my own 6.5.

the progress on android is astounding. having it load before windows UI makes it seem like an android ROM. Couple that with a quick android bootsplash and nobody would know any better if they didn't know that it is impossible at this time to load it natively. Well, maybe the framebuffer loadign sequence would give it away to a geek person, anyone else probably not
cool thanks for the clear up. when i flashed this rom i already had the files on my card. i didnt know that it didnt come with it
Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
how do i get data to work?
Data works out the box, but it would be a good idea to have your carrier provisioning cab. To directly answer your question: Me personally my data worked out the box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruff77 View Post
is anyone batteries getting kind of hot??
Running the current Android release power/ battery management to be not the best in the world. Nicely said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Holy Guacamole!
You going out for taco tonite..? lol
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
You going out for taco tonite..? lol
Bah No Way!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Awesome... just to clear up any misconceptions- Yes, it will likely be possible to load Android natively on the device's internal memory. Some Vogue users have it flashed to NAND already, effectively removing WinMo completely.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636024

I wouldn't worry about that anytime soon- let's first work on getting a solid Android release with all the functions working before we go deleting WinMo.

Personally, I would always keep both. The only thing you loose is boot time, and Calk here has provided a compromise for now. Nicely done!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b

Absolutely LOVING this ROM.

Android runs on top of it smoothly.

Also it is a very nice barebones WinMo ROM on which I can run whatever CABs I want. I have Pocket Informant and FlexMail running on it, and it is amazing how well this work.

One issue I am having is that it is almost TOO barebones. So, for example, I cannot get either (1) auto call recording, or (2) ICS/WModem (tethering) working on this ROM. Also, I am missing not having a battery meter on this ROM. How difficult would it be to restore the underlying backbone functionality to permit these to work on this ROM?

Thanks in advance for thoughts/feedback.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
How difficult would it be to restore the underlying backbone functionality to permit these to work on this ROM?

Thanks in advance for thoughts/feedback.
I think that would defeat the purpose of this ROM:
Quote:
stripped of practically everything that is not needed to get Android running.
dwizzy130

Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bamf is a n00b

A little confused. Is the whole point of this ROM to free up memory? Does it have any other advantages such as battery life or speed/performance? I like it because I've been playing with Android nonstop and don't really want to switch back to winmo at the moment
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
I think that would defeat the purpose of this ROM:dwizzy130

Agreed that it would defeat the ONE, recited purpose that you quoted.

Having said that, this ROM is FAST, and blows away every other custom ROM that I have tried in terms of speed, even with FlexMail and PocketInformant loaded up (I am still testing battery life). So, another purpose for this ROM (which I am exploring) is "INCREDIBLY FAST, VIABLE ALTERNATIVE TO CUSTOM/STOCK ROMs to replace custom/stock ROMs in a dual-boot system (WinMo and Android)". And, those functions I listed are key core functions to the WinMo boot (at least, for me).

So, constructive thoughts appreciated. Maybe this thread should be in BOTH the Android, and the CDMA Custom ROM forums?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
Agreed that it would defeat the ONE, recited purpose that you quoted.

Having said that, this ROM is FAST, and blows away every other custom ROM that I have tried in terms of speed, even with FlexMail and PocketInformant loaded up (I am still testing battery life). So, another purpose for this ROM (which I am exploring) is "INCREDIBLY FAST, VIABLE ALTERNATIVE TO CUSTOM/STOCK ROMs to replace custom/stock ROMs in a dual-boot system (WinMo and Android)". And, those functions I listed are key core functions to the WinMo boot (at least, for me).

So, constructive thoughts appreciated. Maybe this thread should be in BOTH the Android, and the CDMA Custom ROM forums?

This is a super fast ROM, now that the messaging client has been added thats a plus for me. I'm not a heavy user everyday, mostly sms, emails, browser thats it. Maybe youtube if someone sends me link to something that they think is funny.

So for me this ROM is ideal mixed with the fact of my new Android life.

+1 on adding this thread to CDMA Custom ROM forums... Only if Calkulin adds about 3-5 more features(core winmo lifelines), so attempted nOobish requests can be declined in the post #1.

Calkulin mind going into alittle details...?? Will the ROM automatically copy the mentioned (list) below over to device memory, after the Droid boot up on this ROM...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Files that will be copied over to device for faster access from the SD Card(root directory)
haret.exe
initrd.gz
startup.txt
zImage

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2