PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
#htc-linux channel... It's different from the PPCG one. But most people don't follow it because if you don't understand linux, it's mostly greek

By greek I mean this... Here's an example conversation from the channel:

makkonen: I don't think the others get used very often if ever. but better to have and not need them than vice-versa, I guess

Markinus: NetRipper: Is on your device too, that the values e.g. from GPIOs 0xa900000 are changing after a write every time to 0x1c860054?

Markinus: like this
Markinus: pd 0xA9000020 0x8

Markinus: 1c860054 1c860054
Markinus: 00000003 00000002
Markinus: 1c860054 1c860054

eval-:makkonen: makes sense. the unused .ko aren't sitting in ram right?

makkonen: right

NetRipper: Markinus, whats at +0x20?

Markinus: NetRipper: this sould be GPIO1 config

Its really pointless to follow, as soon as something gets done, it'll be posted here or XDA probably pretty fast.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Its really pointless to follow, as soon as something gets done, it'll be posted here or XDA probably pretty fast.
Exactly. Same with the new kernel builds over at glemsom. Most are pretty insignificant which is why we ask for everyone not to post here whenever a new build shows up. There's usually several a day there and they roll out fast (hell, one just posted a few minutes ago even...) But if a major change ever shows up, it'll be posted here for sure
Old 03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
Idk if anyone saw on engadget.com they have the info on Android running on the TP2's just saw it, pretty cool that its getting mainstreamed.
Yes, that is cool.

I did notice that the video showed a build that looked to be utilizing HTC sense. I am downloading the latest stuff to see if this goodness has been added.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
Yes, that is cool.

I did notice that the video showed a build that looked to be utilizing HTC sense. I am downloading the latest stuff to see if this goodness has been added.
I believe what you are referring to was the clock, the Clock looks to be Beautiful Widget. If you google it you can find the APK and install they have allot of themes and other useful widgets
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
Yes, that is cool.

The newest CDMA kernels still aren't running HTC Sense. That video must have been from a GSM Android port

EDIT: I just watched that video on engadget... If that's the vid you are referring to, then that's not HTC Sense. But maybe you're referring to a different video...

Last edited by Eschelon; 03-11-2010 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Yeah, it's not sense. It's a widget called Beautiful Widgets, which seems to be unavailable in the market now. It's not free either.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
The newest CDMA kernels still aren't running HTC Sense. That video must have been from a GSM Android port

EDIT: I just watched that video on engadget... If that's the vid you are referring to, then that's not HTC Sense. But maybe you're referring to a different video...
Just a note, the kernel has nothing to do with the actual OS. The kernel is your drivers and such. The OS handles the rest. And yes that is Beautiful Widgets. They are Widgets to replicate the SenseUI Widgets. Pretty slick stuff.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Just a note, the kernel has nothing to do with the actual OS. The kernel is your drivers and such. The OS handles the rest. And yes that is Beautiful Widgets. They are Widgets to replicate the SenseUI Widgets. Pretty slick stuff.
Yea, that's what I meant. I'm on 31 hours without sleep so I'm not liable for using any wrong terms today. You are warned
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight View Post
I believe what you are referring to was the clock, the Clock looks to be Beautiful Widget. If you google it you can find the APK and install they have allot of themes and other useful widgets
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, it's not sense. It's a widget called Beautiful Widgets, which seems to be unavailable in the market now. It's not free either.
Thanks to all. Cool widget, had me fooled. I will Download.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yea, that's what I meant. I'm on 31 hours without sleep so I'm not liable for using any wrong terms today. You are warned
Excuses...Excuses heh. I have been home sick all week running 102 fever and a bad throat infection, do you see me complaining heh.

Just kidding bud, get some rest! I need to as well heh.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2