PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
The new startup.txt is in post 1, just tell people to replace their copy with the new one.
That worked!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KoolFrank87 is a n00b

Is anyone aware of an alternitive link to download the needed andriod files? (from first post) I cannot acess mediafire.com from my current location.

Thanks

-Frank
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 View Post
Is anyone aware of an alternitive link to download the needed andriod files? (from first post) I cannot acess mediafire.com from my current location.

Thanks

-Frank
download it from your phone with ie or opera mobile
Old 03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

taziz is a n00b

Just a warning because I think this has also happened to others but my phone got fried after running android. Left it running and phone became unresponsive, soft reset and the phone would reboot after the boot screen. Tried hard-resetting and removing the battery but getting the same issue. I know it's fun to run android but be careful!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taziz View Post
Just a warning because I think this has also happened to others but my phone got fried after running android. Left it running and phone became unresponsive, soft reset and the phone would reboot after the boot screen. Tried hard-resetting and removing the battery but getting the same issue. I know it's fun to run android but be careful!
"and the phone would reboot after the boot screen"

So your phone is in an endless reboot cycle? Try taking out the SD card - put the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to the computer. Try flashing the stock ROM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 View Post

Thanks

-Frank
Did you even bother to read after the first few lines? You can download babijoee's XDAndroid build and replace the kernel/modules/rootfs/startup, and none of those are hosted on MediaFire
Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

i checked the known issues and mine is not there so any help.....

so everything was working great with civics build then i updated to the all in one file and android loaded once but every load after that the nexus screen shows it vibrates like its about to start then nexus screen freezes and it starts to try to load again over and over is there a fix or no?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

FOR REBOOTING ISSUE.......ok here is what I have found about MY reboot issue.....when I get the reboot issue it happens right when it acquires the 3G, as soon as the Icon comes up it does the reboot (it's only doing this intermittently now, as apposed to every time before)

What seems to change the equation and let me boot up and function normal, with 3G, is this........as soon as Android is starting go to the settings/wireless and Turn on WIFI (I have a network and it will connect, not sure if you need a network or not) I just then turn off the WIFI (sometimes I open the browser first, before turning off WIFI) it will connect to 3G and no reboot issue.

Sometimes it will still reboot and when it comes back into Android, WIFI is already on, I just turn it off and I get a successful 3G connection and no rebooting.

This is just what happens for me, not sure why, maybe it will help ya too. (this is with everything in the andboot folder, except the rootfs.img in the root of the card)

Last edited by Primenall; 03-09-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

with me its happening before i can even see the home screen
Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2