PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolshock1 View Post
I went through the posts that were made since I left work and didn't see anything regarding the GPS. Is it truly working? I can't get any app requiring GPS to work. It states it's not turned on yet in the main settings section it is. I downloaded Flyer's zip file and put everything on the root of the SD card as described(yes it was removed from the folder). the OS itself is running fine. Just no gps. I'm on a Verizon TP2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post

A: (In post 1)
Also see this post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=294
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just for clarification...when downloading the single zip on post 1 and extracting the zip gives you a folder xdandriod w/ files and folders inside. can i basicly rename this folder as 'andboot' and place in root of sd (seen another poster say sumthing bout andboot)? or do i have to take all files/folders within xdandriod and put in root of sd?

also in xdandriod there is a folder w/ startup config and inside this folder there is multiple devices besides the rhodium. reason?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
just for clarification...when downloading the single zip on post 1 and extracting the zip gives you a folder xdandriod w/ files and folders inside. can i basicly rename this folder as 'andboot' and place in root of sd (seen another poster say sumthing bout andboot)? or do i have to take all files/folders within xdandriod and put in root of sd?

also in xdandriod there is a folder w/ startup config and inside this folder there is multiple devices besides the rhodium. reason?
You can still place all files in a directory on the storage card called 'Android' (without the quotes), except you need to keep the system.sqsh file in the root
Old 03-09-2010, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post

I did my own from MrPippy's instructions, but in theory, yes you should be able to rename it all to "andboot" and take MrPippy's rootfs.img and put in the root of your SDCard, it must be in root to work.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
Hey guys I can confirm you can not download from the market place with your sim card in the phone. But you are able to go online and make phone calls.If you try downloading with your sim card the download will stay stuck at "starting download"
I am able to download and install apps from the market place with the sim card in on verizon
Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Eschelon, not trying to steal your thunder. Just pointing out that most answers are found on the first page of this thread. I would have included your name, but unfortunately, Mr. Pippy doesn't have time to include names for all posted used in his notes. I'm sure you both deserve more credit than you get, but just for added love, I'm thankin ya. We know who you are buddy.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Eschelon, not trying to steal your thunder
I took no offense
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

you guys have me sorta envious....really wanted to try it with the data working but...nothing works for me..the zip file...the long method...nothing...guess I'll sit back and wait for the next release.
I guess that's what I get..I was going brag to my wife...she had the Verizon Droid..no fun showing off when I can't make a call or browse the internet...
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://virusrom.com/Droid/Droid%20al...d%203.8.10.zip

here are the files from the first post but WAY faster mirror i put them on my server for everybody ENJOY

Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
You can still place all files in a directory on the storage card called 'Android' (without the quotes), except you need to keep the system.sqsh file in the root
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I did my own from MrPippy's instructions, but in theory, yes you should be able to rename it all to "andboot" and take MrPippy's rootfs.img and put in the root of your SDCard, it must be in root to work.
ok so maybe the 2 of you make it not so clear, 1 says only need system.sqsh in root then other says only need rootfs.img in root???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2