PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ravip_27 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Ok so?? umm, someone gonna update post # 1 with this new rootfs and is the kernel and module from this gonna be autobuilt and placed on glemsom's site?

I do not think this kinda thing should be released here unless you want to monitor every post to see what conflictions this causes. I too am on IRC and I don't spill over what they post in the chat.
I think it's helpful to post some developments here to as not all people monitor the IRC chatroom.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Ok so?? umm, someone gonna update post # 1 with this new rootfs and is the kernel and module from this gonna be autobuilt and placed on glemsom's site?
If you notice it is in the FAQ on Post #3

Quote:
I do not think this kinda thing should be released here unless you want to monitor every post to see what conflictions this causes. I too am on IRC and I don't spill over what they post in the chat.
Is there a particular reason you don't think it should be posted here? It has been tested by many and is working well. It isn't like I released a kernel that hasn't been tested or that is breaking other items? If you know of a conflict, by all means let us all know. But this is development and it is for everyone to test so that the conflicts can be resolved, how else are they going to know?

Quote:
On a personal level, I have not liked your posts about me combining all the files together blah blah and putting them one place for people to download. I don't get what your problem is with that but if it helps people, why shoot it down? Download #'s speak for itself and there are hundreds of people being helped by someone putting all this into an easy extraction. Seems kinda stupid to me.
I think you are reading a little too much into my friend. I wasn't putting you down, in fact if you read it, I said it was nice of you to do. But I was making a statement that people should learn to update the kernels themselves. That way if something really great in the kernels does come out that they can do it themselves in case you aren't able to be around that day etc. I personally have a family and a real life and cannot be here 24/7, so I know there would be no way I could update everyone on the latest and greatest everytime a good kernel can come out. So I would want to know how to update it myself in case I didn't want to wait. That was MrPippy's original intentions.

And again, that is great that you provide it for them. Please don't take it any other way, I just made a comment that I didn't agree with it due to it just keeps feeding people and they will never learn to do it on their own because they will just sit and wait for someone to feed it to them. That's ok if that's what they want. But again, they will have to wade through the posts to find updates like that, because I know MrPippy isn't going to come update Post#1 everytime someone posts a new zip.

Enough of it, I normally will not participate in all the flames and politics in here, but you stabbed right at me and felt I needed to set that record straight. I am not at all flaming you, it is a great community here and I think we have come a long way. So please do continue to help out, but I still do feel people should learn to update themselves.

Enjoy

And if you notice, I maintain the FAQ. I talked with MrPippy the day that he created this thread and he went ahead and asked me to maintain that and that way I could keep info updated. I highly doubt MrPippy will come here too often without major updates due to all the drama. He is more concerned about developing and continuing to bring the great advancements to us along with the rest of the developers.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
For those that might want it, for testing out the Wifi Tether that stinebd was wonderful enough to figure out for us. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5096 Here is the latest rootfs.img patched with MrPippy's RIL Library modifications. Just extract and copy it over your existing. This will preserve your data for CDMA and give you the latest changes to the rootfs.img. Make sure you are on the current kernel.

Enjoy!

I should note, use at your own risk, stinebd nor I are responsible for any data charges you may incur with your provider. Hopefully you are just seen as phone traffic, but you have been warned!
I love the fact that I go away for the weekend, and THIS AMAZING progress item pops up. Way to go!!

I am looking forward to checking this out over the next couple of days. One quick q: Is it tether over wi-fi only, or does it also include support for tether over usb (i.e., so that one can use phone as modem and have direct connection between computer and internet (and ip address assigned directly to computer from carrier))?

Thanks again, and great work.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
I love the fact that I go away for the weekend, and THIS AMAZING progress item pops up. Way to go!!

I am looking forward to checking this out over the next couple of days. One quick q: Is it tether over wi-fi only, or does it also include support for tether over usb (i.e., so that one can use phone as modem and have direct connection between computer and internet (and ip address assigned directly to computer from carrier))?

Well, its tether over Wi-fi.

You would need to use an app as well.

Read this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5096
Old 03-22-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

I am not the developer, your best guess is mine. But pretty sure it is Wifi only. If you are on a different phone he even has it working with Bluetooth as well. But Bluetooth still is in the works on Rhodium.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Here is the latest rootfs.img patched with MrPippy's RIL Library modifications. Just extract and copy it over your existing. This will preserve your data for CDMA and give you the latest changes to the rootfs.img.
I had understood that the original Mr.Pippy fix to the rootfs.img file permitted data over CDMA only (and NOT both CDMA and GSM). Two questions:

1. Is my understanding correct?
2. Does this latest rootfs.img file permit data over BOTH CDMA AND GSM (assuming SIM is in)? Or, CDMA only?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:14 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I had understood that the original Mr.Pippy fix to the rootfs.img file permitted data over CDMA only (and NOT both CDMA and GSM). Two questions:

2. Does this latest rootfs.img file permit data over BOTH CDMA AND GSM (assuming SIM is in)? Or, CDMA only?
CDMA only. That is why in order for this to work no sim card can be inserted.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-22-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

This is still MrPippy's RIL Library it is just on the current rootfs.img as of that date. So as mentioned by Mackie, no it won't work with GSM. If you want to use GSM, then you just use the normal autobuild rootfs and go. The RIL changes MrPippy made conflict with GSM currently. In time that should get merged.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

I know GPS is not working, but with Google Maps 4.0, when I chose the options to get directions, it gave me the option for navigation and gave me the navigation screen. Like a Garmin.

I upgraded to the latest version and that option is gone..
I'll revert back to 4.0 to check it out, but I'm curious if anyone else noticed this.

edit.
I loaded Google Maps 4.0 and the Navigate option is there
4.1.0 removes it.. it may be doing a GPS check..but who knows.
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here

Last edited by surge; 03-20-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

you are all a bunch of whiners. Get over yourselves.

.........so unpleasant trying to read actual content and every other post is two nerds battling for position in a ppc forum....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2