PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
don't know if it matters, saw it on last startup file for Rhod400 (Didn't check other ones)
but the line that says
Shouldn't it be
I don't know if the startup thing sees the set part when it is part of another word, I put the space in mine though when I saw it, just forgot to comment on it until I looked to see if anything changed in startup with this update
a) don't use Windows
b) don't use notepad

If you looked at this file with Linux, or Notepad++, it'll show up just fine. Sorry, not going to fix a trivial issue that only effects users when they actually look at the startup.txt's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Found what might be a minor issue. I tried to run updates from the market, and superuser gave "Package file was not signed correctly."

Anyone else get this error?

It is not that big of a deal, but might want to peek at it before it is is released.
Yup, this is the correct way to fix it:

Quote:
the superuser error is common, there is an app in market called superuser fix or something like that, it happens when devs put superuser/root roms that uses an older signed thing (don't know correct name), but the superuser app guy talks about it on his webpage
If you go to update SuperUser, at the bottom you'll see SuperUser Fix. Install that, it'll go thru its paces... it actually failed on mine at first, but the next run it said it was fine. Then update SU like any other app, should work fine.

I tried to fix this issue in the build, but it seems we can't if we want to build from source. Oh well... I didn't see any issues with SU being an older version, so there's by no means a requirement to update.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I just noticed my dial tones is back in android, for a time there it was silent. I don't know if this was part of the fixes or not but I did also noticed that the tones were out in WM. But I fixed it in WM and this is first time I've been in android since then and now it works, might be separate issues, but could there be some overlap into WM because of the .csv files?

If I run into the problems again I'll get logs this time, now that I see that getlogs app you mentioned
Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I just noticed my dial tones is back in android, for a time there it was silent. I don't know if this was part of the fixes or not but I did also noticed that the tones were out in WM. But I fixed it in WM and this is first time I've been in android since then and now it works, might be separate issues, but could there be some overlap into WM because of the .csv files?

If I run into the problems again I'll get logs this time, now that I see that getlogs app you mentioned
I have absolutely, positively, no freakin clue what you're talking about.

Touch tones? When you are on the dialpad? Those have/should have always worked. I don't remember you ever mentioning this either...

Work great here, and I haven't heard anyone complain about touch tones not working in... well probably never.

We had a bug where the tones would increase in volume the more you would dial, but emwe tamed that bug.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
the superuser error is common, there is an app in market called superuser fix or something like that, it happens when devs put superuser/root roms that uses an older signed thing (don't know correct name), but the superuser app guy talks about it on his webpage
You were right. I found superuser update fix on the market, and it resolved the issue. Thanks
Old 01-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

mck2528 is a n00b

When I add the new kernel and zimage to the andboot directory (the root of the sdcard) and do exactly like instructed, the boot dies in the linux screen. When I rename the new kernel module the original module and use the original zimage it boots. Thanks for all the hard work. The 3.21 builds work great and boot fast. I overclocked to 730mhz and added a 3000mah battery and my Sprint tp2 runs fast and runs all day.

Last edited by mck2528; 01-19-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck2528 View Post
When I add the new kernel and zimage to the andboot directory (the root of the sdcard) and do exactly like instructed, the boot dies in the linux screen. When I rename the new kernel module the original module and use the original zimage it boots. Thanks for all the hard work. The 3.21 builds work great and boot fast. I overclocked to 730mhz and added a 3000mah battery and my Sprint tp2 runs fast and runs all day.
What the heck are you talking about? If you're putting stuff in an 'andboot' directory, that's obviously NOT the root of the SD card.

Please put the zImage and modules where you run HaRET.exe from. DO NOT RENAME THE MODULES!!!

I swear I've sent you this link before...
http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Incremental_Updates
Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Lurker

mck2528 is a n00b

yeah its not in its own directory, everything is free floating in the root of the sd card
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck2528 View Post
yeah its not in its own directory, everything is free floating in the root of the sd card
Then what were you talking about with 'andboot' then!?!?

I don't know what to tell you. Stick with the bundled kernel if you can't figure out how to update. There's pretty much 0 .27 kernels you can use anyways... As I state in the first post (in bold lettering no less...) .27 autobuild service kernels will NOT I repeat NOT work!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Lurker

mck2528 is a n00b

Well I added the 3.2.1 kernel that was compiled today. I just left the original zimage that came with the bundle and and left the kernel with its 3.2.1 name and everything boots just fine. I've read the directions from the incremental updates page you linked me to but whenever I delete the old zImage and add the new one that came with the update the boot dies in linux.

Last edited by mck2528; 01-19-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b

I tried the new bundle and it is the same as the old one. Not just file names i understood that it is all the same. What file are you pointing me towards? Cause the one on the post is not what you say it is.
Im not trying to be snappy im just a bit confused.
Thanks,
Boneskid1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development