PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Arrrghhh which version of Eclipse is relevant to this build? And should I start a different thread for these questions so I don't fill up the thread with this? Also did you have time to check the log I pmed you?

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
Same dreaded error everyone gets:

Code:
01-17 21:13:13.740 W/AudioTrack( 1298): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x46dd50 user=000012c0, server=00000000
I don't know where the "actual" error is. I don't know if anyone has found it yet... Bleh.

I'll see if some others can take a peek, as your logs do capture it well it seems... And Eclipse..? That's for development, you don't need it. You're on Windows right? Droid Explorer & you're done.

I also have a new build (check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same.

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
  • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
  • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
  • GLES put back in (whoops)
  • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
  • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

Uploading now, should be live soon.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-19-2012 at 02:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am not sure what changed, but when I tried this most recent mini-update I have my sound working correctly.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I am not sure what changed, but when I tried this most recent mini-update I have my sound working correctly.
There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build. Glad it's working correctly - everyone else, download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Same dreaded error everyone gets:

Code:
01-17 21:13:13.740 W/AudioTrack( 1298): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x46dd50 user=000012c0, server=00000000
I don't know where the "actual" error is. I don't know if anyone has found it yet... Bleh.

I'll see if some others can take a peek, as your logs do capture it well it seems... And Eclipse..? That's for development, you don't need it. You're on Windows right? Droid Explorer & you're done.

I also have a new build (check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same.

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
  • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
  • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
  • GLES put back in (whoops)
  • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
  • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

Uploading now, should be live soon.
Ok, Thanks man I'll jump on that and the new build tonight....excited!
Edit- I forgot to ask you if you still need CSV files?
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Ok, Thanks man I'll jump on that and the new build tonight....excited!
Edit- I forgot to ask you if you still need CSV files?
Yea, CSV's are still needed at the root of the SD card.... We haven't done much work on unifying the CSV's to be honest. Just squashin bugs right now, once we get down to a level where we're at least matching FroYo for oustanding bugs (IE fixed all regressions) I think work can start on implementing the CSV's into the system image and an actual release can be done!

Thanks to everyone for testing. Keep up the feedback, so we can get a solid GB build!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b

not seeing the new build when i click on the download from the for the build it brings up the date of 12-31-2011 which was the first version of this build. if i am wrong please excuse me i can be a bit blind sighted at times
Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
not seeing the new build when i click on the download from the for the build it brings up the date of 12-31-2011 which was the first version of this build. if i am wrong please excuse me i can be a bit blind sighted at times
Read what I said. Filename won't change. Timestamp on the file, however, has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

don't know if it matters, saw it on last startup file for Rhod400 (Didn't check other ones)
but the line that says
Quote:
set initrd initrd.gzset initrd_offset 0x00a00000
Shouldn't it be
Quote:
set initrd initrd.gz
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
I don't know if the startup thing sees the set part when it is part of another word, I put the space in mine though when I saw it, just forgot to comment on it until I looked to see if anything changed in startup with this update
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Found what might be a minor issue. I tried to run updates from the market, and superuser gave "Package file was not signed correctly."

Anyone else get this error?

It is not that big of a deal, but might want to peek at it before it is is released.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

the superuser error is common, there is an app in market called superuser fix or something like that, it happens when devs put superuser/root roms that uses an older signed thing (don't know correct name), but the superuser app guy talks about it on his webpage

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development