PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148545)

detule 09-27-2012 09:25 AM

Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

If you are still interested in running 3.4, give it another go. Just pushed a patch for wireless tethering (authored by hyc) that we've had lying around in our other trees, but it somehow never made it to 3.4. Hopefully it will address the issue you were having.

EyeB 10-04-2012 10:09 AM

just wondering if i can access the ##778# and ##3282# on android, i tried but couldnt get to it on my own, wondering if anyone else has better luck on this

arrrghhh 10-04-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeB (Post 2187138)
just wondering if i can access the ##778# and ##3282# on android, i tried but couldnt get to it on my own, wondering if anyone else has better luck on this

Nope, what do you need it for?

EyeB 10-04-2012 10:53 AM

mainly just interested in it, on the WM side, I was having problems receiving calls and found out that changing the slot cycle index helps a little. Wasn't sure if that carried over into the android side or not, so I wanted to access it and take a peek to see if it did

arrrghhh 10-04-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeB (Post 2187140)
mainly just interested in it, on the WM side, I was having problems receiving calls and found out that changing the slot cycle index helps a little. Wasn't sure if that carried over into the android side or not, so I wanted to access it and take a peek to see if it did

Dunno. It probably does carry over, but I really have no clue.

EyeB 10-06-2012 06:54 PM

a bit of a question just slightly related to this build, but I've been using titanium browser to remove/freeze things and I've noticed that my apps don't update in the app drawer anymore. Like new apps don't show up there.

wondering if anyone knew which app(s) i may have disabled that is causing this. I've tried to reinstall/defrost what I can to undo this error but I can't seem to find it. I rather not redo the data.img if I can help it but I can

misha2400 10-09-2012 05:02 PM

You guys should mention this thread in xdandroid.com FAQ.
I was ready to give up with Android on TP2 - my FRX07 was too unstable - until I came across this. GBX0C with 3.4.3 kernel is so much better! Wi-fi works great with WEP, no need for WifiACE, Bluetooth works, too. No problems with camera or camcorder. Battery life is worse than WM, but I guess that's expected. One thing that I figured messes up the whole system is Latitude, but after I restored to pre-Latitude image, it works fine with no SoDs. Will try going full time on it now.

EyeB 10-12-2012 11:47 AM

Not sure how much this is being worked on now, just wondering if anyone else using this build is getting the same loudness out of android speakers as they did in WM? I did use the loudness patch in WM and I'd like to get android up to that same level. I've tried Volume+ and it does work, I just didn't like how it mutes WM when you switch back sometimes. I thought the patch would copy over with the .cvs files but I couldn't get it any louder.

Mainly I'm just asking if other people's experience in the loudness was same as in WM (without the loud patch) since it isn't for me but still better than older builds of android. Or if you guys use the Volume+ app and don't mind missing with WM side to unmute it

misha2400 10-15-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeB (Post 2187497)
Not sure how much this is being worked on now, just wondering if anyone else using this build is getting the same loudness out of android speakers as they did in WM? I did use the loudness patch in WM and I'd like to get android up to that same level. I've tried Volume+ and it does work, I just didn't like how it mutes WM when you switch back sometimes. I thought the patch would copy over with the .cvs files but I couldn't get it any louder.

Mainly I'm just asking if other people's experience in the loudness was same as in WM (without the loud patch) since it isn't for me but still better than older builds of android. Or if you guys use the Volume+ app and don't mind missing with WM side to unmute it

Mine is definitely louder than WM, no patches here or there.

td4guy 10-24-2012 06:40 AM

Sprint RHOD400
kernel-pack-htc-msm-3.4.3-g82accb0-20120927_061512

Data has sometimes not been working for me, requiring me to toggle Airplane Mode to fix.

This led to me finding an interesting and easily-reproducible bug. Open any app that uses GPS, get a lock, and then go into Airplane Mode. The moment you try and toggle back out of Airplane Mode, the phone will reboot back to WinMo.
If I boot the phone in Airplane Mode, I can get a GPS lock and then toggle out of it with no reboot occurring.