PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148545)

Armand01 06-27-2012 12:51 PM

Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Hi, I have solved the problem with data connection on Wifi.

If I tried to connect to wifi the device reboots when obtaining the IP address.
(When I tried to run android again, it tried to connect to wifi and then reboots to winmo... I just disabled my wiresless network so there was no wifi to be connected and andriod worked again).

After a lot of research I found a trick:

1. Use as static IP the IP address of my PC
(connection is established, but the WIFI icon on top of the screen is gray)

2. Turn off wifi (on the phone)

3. Disable Static IP option

4. Turn on wifi

5. Device is able to obtain its own IP address with no reebot

6. Turn off wifi

7. Activate and use as static IP the IP address assigned of step 5

8. Turn on wifi
(connection is established and now the WIFI icon on top of the screen is green)

This is the only method that works for me :S, but its ok, I just want use my phone for calls, messages, emails and web browser. Winmo works fine for me, I am doing this just for fun.

I have other issue right now. The device reboots on different apps.

- I tried to enter to andriod market, I got a reboot when I was creating the gmail account.
- I tried again, account was created and I got a reboot when main page of andriod market was being loaded.
- I tried again, main page was loaded, I tried to made a download and I got a reboot in the middle of the download.
- I tried again, app was downloaded succesfully.

Other apps had the same problem, but as you can see it can take 5 reboots to use an app correctly. I am starting to think it may be the SD card. (Kingston 8GB).

I will try with other of 1GB or 2GB to check if this solves my reboot issues.

arrrghhh 06-27-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand01 (Post 2182145)
Hi, I have solved the problem with data connection on Wifi.

If I tried to connect to wifi the device reboots when obtaining the IP address.
(When I tried to run android again, it tried to connect to wifi and then reboots to winmo... I just disabled my wiresless network so there was no wifi to be connected and andriod worked again).

After a lot of research I found a trick:

1. Use as static IP the IP address of my PC
(connection is established, but the WIFI icon on top of the screen is gray)

2. Turn off wifi (on the phone)

3. Disable Static IP option

4. Turn on wifi

5. Device is able to obtain its own IP address with no reebot

6. Turn off wifi

7. Activate and use as static IP the IP address assigned of step 5

8. Turn on wifi
(connection is established and now the WIFI icon on top of the screen is green)

This is the only method that works for me :S, but its ok, I just want use my phone for calls, messages, emails and web browser. Winmo works fine for me, I am doing this just for fun.

I have other issue right now. The device reboots on different apps.

- I tried to enter to andriod market, I got a reboot when I was creating the gmail account.
- I tried again, account was created and I got a reboot when main page of andriod market was being loaded.
- I tried again, main page was loaded, I tried to made a download and I got a reboot in the middle of the download.
- I tried again, app was downloaded succesfully.

Other apps had the same problem, but as you can see it can take 5 reboots to use an app correctly. I am starting to think it may be the SD card. (Kingston 8GB).

I will try with other of 1GB or 2GB to check if this solves my reboot issues.

I've never heard of so many issues. I can almost guarantee it's the card.

sbk968 06-28-2012 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm able to connect to my home Wifi without any problems. I'm having trouble connecting to my Enterprise Wifi. It uses WPA2-EAP TLS method. I've already installed the certificate which has both my personal and CA certificates. Every time it tries to connect, it says "Connecting to .." and then says "Disconnected". This goes on forever and never gets connected. Attached are the getlogs.
Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.

wizardknight 06-28-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbk968 (Post 2182231)
Hi, I'm able to connect to my home Wifi without any problems. I'm having trouble connecting to my Enterprise Wifi. It uses WPA2-EAP TLS method. I've already installed the certificate which has both my personal and CA certificates. Every time it tries to connect, it says "Connecting to .." and then says "Disconnected". This goes on forever and never gets connected. Attached are the getlogs.
Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.

There are some suggestions towards the bottom of this thread, but what you are trying to do had been know to be difficult.
Issue 1386 - android - Feature req: support WPA2-Enterprise with EAP extensions - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Armand01 06-28-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2182154)
I've never heard of so many issues. I can almost guarantee it's the card.

Any sugesstion on a brand?..

(I am currently using a Kingston SDHC 8 GB Class 4, I see some lag using winmo with this card so this may be causing all the issues)

caldair 06-28-2012 03:59 PM

I cannot say difinitively what type/brand of card will work. I have not seen any trend in the types of cards that do not work for people... maybe someone else has a better sense of that.
But I CAN tell you that I have successfully used this build on:

8g Sandisk class 2
16g PQI class 2
2g Verbatim MicroSD
32g RetailPlus class 10 (currently) > some people have reported problems with class 10, so you might want to avoid them.

It seems like MOST cards work, and that a card not working seems to be the exception to the rule.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and did you ever do the Full Format using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool like arrrghhh suggested??

If not I would definitely try that first before buying a new card.

wizardknight 06-28-2012 04:13 PM

If you want info on picking the best sd card, and how to test them read this thread. It can make a huge difference.
SD Strange-results - or - How I learned to love CM7 on SD - Dec-11 results compiled! - xda-developers

arrrghhh 06-28-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand01 (Post 2182241)
Any sugesstion on a brand?..

(I am currently using a Kingston SDHC 8 GB Class 4, I see some lag using winmo with this card so this may be causing all the issues)

I use this exact same card...

I would read the thread already posted, pretty good. You basically want a card that provides the best random read/write speeds. Sequential R/W speed is pretty useless for OS operation.

sbk968 06-28-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardknight (Post 2182234)
There are some suggestions towards the bottom of this thread, but what you are trying to do had been know to be difficult.
Issue 1386 - android - Feature req: support WPA2-Enterprise with EAP extensions - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

The thread talks about installing Wi-Fi_fix.zip. Could you please let me know how to do that? I couldn't find any option to install the zip file.

Thanks.

wizardknight 06-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbk968 (Post 2182271)
The thread talks about installing Wi-Fi_fix.zip. Could you please let me know how to do that? I couldn't find any option to install the zip file.

Thanks.

If this were a nand build I would say install it from recovery. That is where most zip files are installed. I think with an sd build you will have to crack open the zip, and install the files manually. However I would be very careful using files that are not specifically for this build.