PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
I tried the new bundle and it is the same as the old one. Not just file names i understood that it is all the same. What file are you pointing me towards? Cause the one on the post is not what you say it is.
Im not trying to be snappy im just a bit confused.
Thanks,
Boneskid1
LOL Dude he told you already....DL the zip then right click on the file and look at properties....look at the date....

I got Droid Explorer to finally finish installing and while USB debugging is checked in development, phone is charging, installed the USB drivers for SDK, I still cannot connect. Droid Explorer isn't showing the device and the phone does not display the debugging icon in the notification bar. Could it be because I don't have/know which drivers are needed for Windows?

Arrrghhh here's my CSV files, I figured while I was going with a fresh build I would go ahead and post them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSV_files .zip (48.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-20-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

sorry about the dial tones issue, i think it may have been just my phone but it's fixed now and I didn't change anything in android side, still using same data.img

I did notice that the phone's battery indicator (i know this isn't accurate or anything) but it seems to be stuck or likes to say it is around 90% even more than it did before. I just don't see the battery level dropping as much as it should. Again I know this is an old issue, and I'm charging phone to repeat it. Just saying it's what I observed, so I'm not sure if something in this update touched on it. If not, then it's no biggie since you already know about it.

If you want logs, how should I do this? I get how to get the logs, but should i just randomly use phone to run down battery?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck2528 View Post
Well I added the 3.2.1 kernel that was compiled today. I just left the original zimage that came with the bundle and and left the kernel with its 3.2.1 name and everything boots just fine. I've read the directions from the incremental updates page you linked me to but whenever I delete the old zImage and add the new one that came with the update the boot dies in linux.
Dude. The zImage is the kernel. So swapping the modules does nothing, except break things like wifi.

Either you're replacing the kernel incorrectly, or you're not on the new HaRET/startups. Please ensure you're using everything from the first post.

Again, if you can't replace kernels just stick to the bundled stuff. Perhaps you should get comfy with FRX07.1 before trying a build that's still in testing? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
I tried the new bundle and it is the same as the old one. Not just file names i understood that it is all the same. What file are you pointing me towards? Cause the one on the post is not what you say it is.
Im not trying to be snappy im just a bit confused.
Thanks,
Boneskid1
Like I said, filename doesn't update. Here, I'll take a screenshot to show you what the hell I mean.

That was taken straight off of files.xdandroid.com - do you see what I mean!?! I only kept the same filename because these builds are in testing. Sorry, I'm not going to version these builds if there's just regressions being fixed... Seriously. There's no point in saving 5 different test builds because the first 4 all had something silly missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
I got Droid Explorer to finally finish installing and while USB debugging is checked in development, phone is charging, installed the USB drivers for SDK, I still cannot connect. Droid Explorer isn't showing the device and the phone does not display the debugging icon in the notification bar. Could it be because I don't have/know which drivers are needed for Windows?
Hrm. I wonder if the problem is GB+.27. There's a bug, specifically with this GB+.27 setup where USB doesn't notify properly. I know this might be a pain for you, but can you try to use adb in FRX07.1, then try this build again? rel_path= and different folders on a big SD will save you some headache here .

I'm honestly not sure what else would be holding it up. I don't get any USB notifications in the bar either, but despite this adb still works great....

So get comfy with adb first, then try it on this build. Sorry for the pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I did notice that the phone's battery indicator (i know this isn't accurate or anything) but it seems to be stuck or likes to say it is around 90% even more than it did before. I just don't see the battery level dropping as much as it should. Again I know this is an old issue, and I'm charging phone to repeat it. Just saying it's what I observed, so I'm not sure if something in this update touched on it. If not, then it's no biggie since you already know about it.

If you want logs, how should I do this? I get how to get the logs, but should i just randomly use phone to run down battery?
This isn't a bug at all. No need for logs.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

Hrm. I wonder if the problem is GB+.27. There's a bug, specifically with this GB+.27 setup where USB doesn't notify properly. I know this might be a pain for you, but can you try to use adb in FRX07.1, then try this build again? rel_path= and different folders on a big SD will save you some headache here .

I'm honestly not sure what else would be holding it up. I don't get any USB notifications in the bar either, but despite this adb still works great....

So get comfy with adb first, then try it on this build. Sorry for the pain...
I kept my FRX07 build but never bothered with 07.1, but I would think it doesn't matter since I will be doing it to test the adb connection, just want to make sure that is sufficient?

It's no pain bro, I'm here to help. The more I learn the better I can help you and that is my goal. As soon as I get home I'll move FRX07 back on and test, should be around 8:00pm EST.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I kept my FRX07 build but never bothered with 07.1, but I would think it doesn't matter since I will be doing it to test the adb connection, just want to make sure that is sufficient?

It's no pain bro, I'm here to help. The more I learn the better I can help you and that is my goal. As soon as I get home I'll move FRX07 back on and test, should be around 8:00pm EST.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app
07 and 07.1 are pretty similar. Just something to verify you have ADB working and functional, then you can move to this build and just try. Like I said, ADB will work on this build - but there's no indication in the notification bar if you're on .27.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok something is up or missing with either SDK or Droid Explorer. My FRX07 shows debug in notification bar but still no device in DE. Do I need any other packages from SDK?

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
Old 01-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok something is up or missing with either SDK or Droid Explorer. My FRX07 shows debug in notification bar but still no device in DE. Do I need any other packages from SDK?

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
What about in Device Manager? Did you follow the Windows guide?

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Faq#What_i....2F_How-To_ADB

There's a link to a how-to adb for windoze...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eurohunter is a n00b

Arrrghhh, the build is great. Good job, man.
The new build seems more responsive and faster than the Jan 2 one. While using the phone, I did not find any issues with sound. Calls were fine, ringtone was fine regardless of whether you pick up or ignore the calls. I guess the only issues that I found were some known issues:
-the 3.5mm headset jack did not work.
-camcorder does not work (it just shows the Not Responding: Force Close-Wait-Cancel)
-the MMS did not work (I am a sprint user, Rhod 400). When I try to send, it just shows Sending... indefinitely. Even with Go SMS, same thing the little 'send' arrow just keeps showing indefinitely. I can't even receive. I send pics to my phone to both my google number (even tho GV does not support mms) and the sprint number. nothing.

Those are the issues that I found using the phone. I have never gotten any logs in my life . But I will try to learn how to use GetLogs. Do you need logs for any of the issues that I listed above?

Bluetooth - no clue, never use it.

Last edited by eurohunter; 01-21-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

I have a question about incoming call behavior.
On Froyo when a call would come in the phone would wake up and show the answer call slider bar. Now on GBX0B I will sometimes have to press the power button to wake the phone after it has started ringing, then unlock the phone, and then slide the answer call slider bar. Any one else seeing this behavior, or have I just screwed up a setting somewhere?

Never mind... I think I found the problem. It seems that I am trying to answer the phone to quickly, and was hitting the power button because I had a ring tone, but a screen asleep. If I let it ring for a bit it wakes up. Is there any kind of setting to change the speed that the phone wakes upon an incoming call?

Last edited by wizardknight; 01-21-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
Arrrghhh, the build is great. Good job, man.
The new build seems more responsive and faster than the Jan 2 one. While using the phone, I did not find any issues with sound. Calls were fine, ringtone was fine regardless of whether you pick up or ignore the calls. I guess the only issues that I found were some known issues:
-the 3.5mm headset jack did not work.
-camcorder does not work (it just shows the Not Responding: Force Close-Wait-Cancel)
-the MMS did not work (I am a sprint user, Rhod 400). When I try to send, it just shows Sending... indefinitely. Even with Go SMS, same thing the little 'send' arrow just keeps showing indefinitely. I can't even receive. I send pics to my phone to both my google number (even tho GV does not support mms) and the sprint number. nothing.

Those are the issues that I found using the phone. I have never gotten any logs in my life . But I will try to learn how to use GetLogs. Do you need logs for any of the issues that I listed above?

Bluetooth - no clue, never use it.
Wait... I use 3.5mm on my RHOD400 every day - what do you mean it doesn't work!?!? It works great!!

Camcorder.. I thought worked, but to be honest I think I only tested photos, not videos...

MMS works, even on Sprint. detule tested it (although he doesn't use it often, he did successfully send/receive.) Did you configure your APN? Also, you should know... MMS does now work with Google Voice. They haven't integrated it into the UI (web or app) and I don't think you can send MMS - but you can receive now. They come in as a funky looking text on GV, and then you get an email with the pic. Pretty ghetto fantastic, but it works I guess. Better than the MMS disappearing into neverneverland.

I wonder what kernel you're on as well...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I have a question about incoming call behavior.
On Froyo when a call would come in the phone would wake up and show the answer call slider bar. Now on GBX0B I will sometimes have to press the power button to wake the phone after it has started ringing, then unlock the phone, and then slide the answer call slider bar. Any one else seeing this behavior, or have I just screwed up a setting somewhere?
I've had this with FroYo for sure. Although usually I don't have to hit power to turn it on... I hate to say it, but I've seen native Android devices do this before - where it rings, you only see a lock screen... you unlock, and then see the answer screen. Happened to my gf a few times on her Optimus.

What kernel?

Edit - just saw your edit . I've always had a problem with the phone not waking up quickly enough to answer a call. Quite often I just flat-out miss calls.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development