PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147260)

[ACL] 11-16-2011 12:39 PM

Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155883)
Here's what Getlogs spit out after having a few failed wakes this morning. In the logs it failed to wake on about every second attempt at the end.
Wifi, GPS and network location are all off, phone is plugged into AC charger.
It doesn't say anything about the CPU being pegged this time.

Regarding a separate issue, is there a way to change the physical keyboard layout? My Telus phone is a Rhod500 but it has a keyboard like the Sprint Rhod400. Pretty much all custom Rom's for windows mobile put it as a Rhod500 keymap and a registry hack was needed to get it to the correct one, on XDAndroid I could just edit startup.txt, so it's not just this build that has this issue. Is there a file to change on this build or is it set on boot?

something wrong with your setup. You have way too many application errors with no real info behind them. Also did you use cwm as your recovery ?

Also you have some widget issues. I cant support specific app setups so you need to do a full wipe again. Sorry. If we have an App causing issues, then we can drill on that but we cant change code just because of one app.

trevoroni 11-16-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155885)
something wrong with your setup. You have way too many application errors with no real info behind them. Also did you use cwm as your recovery ?

Also you have some widget issues. I cant support specific app setups so you need to do a full wipe again. Sorry. If we have an App causing issues, then we can drill on that but we cant change code just because of one app.

Ok sounds good.
No, I used the recovery from the first post.

Sorry, I couldn't provide any useful information. Hopefully a fresh install will fix the problem... I'll probably wait until the next update however since it doesn't bother me too much since it only really occurs when it's charging, and when it's charging a rarely use my phone.

[ACL] 11-16-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155887)
Ok sounds good.
No, I used the recovery from the first post.

Sorry, I couldn't provide any useful information. Hopefully a fresh install will fix the problem... I'll probably wait until the next update however since it doesn't bother me too much since it only really occurs when it's charging, and when it's charging a rarely use my phone.

also there is a script inside /system/bin/rhodium-seq.sh i belive. that handles the keyboard setup. You can run it manually if you feel your kb was not properly detected. :headbang:

next release will be a big one. moving to 2.3.7

boggsie 11-16-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155888)
also there is a script inside /system/bin/rhodium-seq.sh i belive. that handles the keyboard setup. You can run it manually if you feel your kb was not properly detected. :headbang:

Since it appears that my phone is completely stuck with LK as my rom, bring on the updates !! :D

<F5><F5><F5><F5><F5><F5><F5><F5><F5>

Best regards,
-boggsie

trevoroni 11-16-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155888)

Looking forward to it! Keep up the great work.

I ran rhodium-nand-seq.sh and here's what it came up with:

Code:

Command:
'/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
-------------
Out:
exec sh '/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
# exec sh '/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh: /bin/grep: not found
[: RHOD300: unknown operand
[: RHOD210: unknown operand
[: RHOD400: unknown operand
[: RHOD500: unknown operand
CAN'T DETERMINE RHODIUM VARIANT TYPE
RHOD500
cp: can't create '/system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin': File exists

I think the issue is that Telus phone's are Rhod500's but have a keyboard like Rhod400's... why couldn't they make life easier and only produce one version of our phones?

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155883)
Here's what Getlogs spit out after having a few failed wakes this morning.

There's no way you used the GetLogs app. The logcat has no timestamps, there's no kernel logs and the PS section at the end is missing. Plus the top part doesn't have any of the other stuff GetLogs provides. Please use the app for future log posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 2155889)
Since it appears that my phone is completely stuck with LK as my rom, bring on the updates !! :D

Wait, what? Did I miss something? LK is not a ROM. If he updates anything, it'll be the system image - I don't think there'll be any more updates for LK unless there's some GSM-specific stuff that needs to be baked in.

If you can't get LK or any other NBH to flash, you might be SOL. You never really updated us on that problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155890)
I think the issue is that Telus phone's are Rhod500's but have a keyboard like Rhod400's... why couldn't they make life easier and only produce one version of our phones?

Just do it manually. The keyboard script doesn't run properly anyways, ACL mentioned this a few posts back.

[ACL] 11-16-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155890)
Looking forward to it! Keep up the great work.

I ran rhodium-nand-seq.sh and here's what it came up with:

Code:

Command:
'/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
-------------
Out:
exec sh '/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
# exec sh '/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh'
/system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh: /bin/grep: not found
[: RHOD300: unknown operand
[: RHOD210: unknown operand
[: RHOD400: unknown operand
[: RHOD500: unknown operand
CAN'T DETERMINE RHODIUM VARIANT TYPE
RHOD500
cp: can't create '/system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin': File exists

oops.. this is actually my bad. The path /bin/grep exists only in recovery but not in android. I'll have to change this script so it can run on both. thanks for this. But it does recognize your variant type, so the recovery must have installed the correct ones. But if you are having failures, then the kb files themselves need updating.

So the end goal is to have you use the 400 kb right? even tho you are 500?
I can cook up a patch for you.

trevoroni 11-16-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155893)
oops.. this is actually my bad. The path /bin/grep exists only in recovery but not in android. I'll have to change this script so it can run on both. thanks for this. But it does recognize your variant type, so the recovery must have installed the correct ones. But if you are having failures, then the kb files themselves need updating.

So the end goal is to have you use the 400 kb right? even tho you are 500?
I can cook up a patch for you.

Ya, the Telus phones are RHOD500's but have a keyboard like the Sprint RHOD400's. It's annoying because all rom's have this issue. If there is a way to change it manually that would be good enough for me, I don't want to take up your time with a little issue like this that not many people have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2155891)
There's no way you used the GetLogs app. The logcat has no timestamps, there's no kernel logs and the PS section at the end is missing. Plus the top part doesn't have any of the other stuff GetLogs provides. Please use the app for future log posts.

Sorry, I looked and apparently Get Logs from the market, is different from Getlogs on XDA.
But apparently my install has other issues anyways so I'm not sure how useful my logs would be anyways.

I used this one:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...hot_000002.jpg

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155894)
Sorry, I looked and apparently Get Logs from the market, is different from Getlogs on XDA.

Please read links when I post them.

Post 299

vzihome 11-16-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155837)
yeah but too much work .. lol.

Do i need ubuntu to tinker with it? Or should i say may i?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk