PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147260)

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 02:02 PM

Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 2155897)
Do i need ubuntu to tinker with it? Or should i say may i?

Linux helps immensely with this stuff.

Anyone can tinker with things that are open source. When you go to release them, that's when the issue arises ;).

boggsie 11-16-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2155891)
Wait, what? Did I miss something? LK is not a ROM. If he updates anything, it'll be the system image - I don't think there'll be any more updates for LK unless there's some GSM-specific stuff that needs to be baked in.

Apologies - my terminology is still catching up ... coming over from WM, I grew accustomed to referencing the NBH as the ROM.

So, as of late yesterday, I got the updated (RHODIMG_TESTING.NBH) flashed. I was able to install the non-CWM recovery.img file. I have been able to install the OMGB_rhodium-1.2.2.zip and GAPPS.zip.

Android on TP2 / eMMC is working quite well. I have market up and running (thank you for location and language tip) and have installed and am using various applications, without incident. For the purposes of this thread, I am all set and looking forward to updates.

What did occur in the process, is at some point, something unexpected happened and the results are that I can no longer flash (either via SD or USB) my phone with any RHODIMG.NBH file.

I cam to find this out, because, being a creature of habit, I wanted to ensure that I could reproduce the success. First step: wipe everything with Task29. Surprisingly, it would not flash ... :disgust: I can't say that this has anything to do with Android or OMGB, so I started another thread to solicit tips on overcoming that particular issue.

Best regards,
-boggsie

[ACL] 11-16-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 2155897)
Do i need ubuntu to tinker with it? Or should i say may i?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

you need to modify LK. Being that you only have 1 gpio button active, how do you plan to select the rest of the options? Right now all buttons were disabled so we can support gsm. So even if you can trigger a menu, you cant select the options with just 1 button.

This is why the recovery was made, so you dont need to modify the bootloader.

kylanschilling 11-16-2011 02:30 PM

is there any ETA on when the LK will be flashable from USB? my SD wont allow me to flash from it

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylanschilling (Post 2155904)
is there any ETA on when the LK will be flashable from USB? my SD wont allow me to flash from it

Format the card FAT32. That's all you need to be able to flash, assuming you put RHODIMG.nbh at the root of the SD. Never had a problem, with any SD assuming it was formatted correctly.

Use the HP Tool to format. Full format, FAT32.

[ACL] 11-16-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylanschilling (Post 2155904)

ETA? nope.. actually if i roll back 1 commit then i you can use it via usb. But then that means i cant use it since im not on windows and there is no flasher for linux. Does someone want to take a look at the nbh maknig process and fix it?

This is the commit that broke it.

https://gitorious.org/tinboot-for-li...4d4e8a0adc09d2

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 2155901)
Apologies - my terminology is still catching up ... coming over from WM, I grew accustomed to referencing the NBH as the ROM.

So, as of late yesterday, I got the updated (RHODIMG_TESTING.NBH) flashed. I was able to install the non-CWM recovery.img file. I have been able to install the OMGB_rhodium-1.2.2.zip and GAPPS.zip.

Android on TP2 / eMMC is working quite well. I have market up and running (thank you for location and language tip) and have installed and am using various applications, without incident. For the purposes of this thread, I am all set and looking forward to updates.

What did occur in the process, is at some point, something unexpected happened and the results are that I can no longer flash (either via SD or USB) my phone with any RHODIMG.NBH file.

I cam to find this out, because, being a creature of habit, I wanted to ensure that I could reproduce the success. First step: wipe everything with Task29. Surprisingly, it would not flash ... :disgust: I can't say that this has anything to do with Android or OMGB, so I started another thread to solicit tips on overcoming that particular issue.

Best regards,
-boggsie

You shouldn't need to task29 again. While it's not a bad idea, it only works via USB/Windoze. I always just throw a RHODIMG.nbh from a WinMo ROM at the root of the SD and flash back to WinMo. Never had a problem reverting.

trevoroni 11-16-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2155895)
Please read links when I post them.

Post 299

Does GetLogs (no space) work on this build, running off NAND and not off the SD card?
I get the same "/data.txt (No such file or directory)" error as the guy who was trying to run it on a native device.

arrrghhh 11-16-2011 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevoroni (Post 2155910)
Does GetLogs (no space) work on this build, running off NAND and not off the SD card?
I get the same "/data.txt (No such file or directory)" error as the guy who was trying to run it on a native device.

I always post to pastebin. I'll try on the SD now.

Edit - works great to the SD as well. Said "File saved to: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.GetLogs/files/data.txt"

Perhaps I have a newer version? Try the one attached.

vzihome 11-16-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2155903)
you need to modify LK. Being that you only have 1 gpio button active, how do you plan to select the rest of the options? Right now all buttons were disabled so we can support gsm. So even if you can trigger a menu, you cant select the options with just 1 button.

This is why the recovery was made, so you dont need to modify the bootloader.

Why is enabling buttons interfere with gsm?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk