PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

poopboypat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
make sure you don't have automatic brightness enabled . and make sure you have the correct startup.txt file for your device !
Thanks there was an issue in my Startup.txt I added the Overclock command in there and it messed the keyboard command.

Working good now!! Anyone recommend a good CPU throttler Program? Right now im using CPU Master but every time I start the phone up I have to change the max OC setting on it
Old 10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopboypat View Post
Thanks there was an issue in my Startup.txt I added the Overclock command in there and it messed the keyboard command.

Working good now!! Anyone recommend a good CPU throttler Program? Right now im using CPU Master but every time I start the phone up I have to change the max OC setting on it
I use set CPU
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

JP1000 is a n00b

I'm having a slight problem:

After my phone idles for 5min with the screen turned off, when I turn it back on WiFi doesn't work. WiFi shows as connected but it doesn't work. (browser doesn't work, background data doesn't work)

To fix this, I disable the WiFi and enable it again. This fixes the problem until the next time I turn my screen off again for five minutes. Same problem when I turn the screen back on: WiFi shows as connected but doesn't work until I disable and re-enable WiFi.

Does anyone have a fix for this? How do I get WiFi to stay on?

Last edited by JP1000; 10-17-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Of course.

Plug in the phone. Then enable USB tethering in Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Tethering & Portable hotspot.
I tried this and I get an installation error for "xdandroid" device in windows 7 (with USB debug mode on).

With USB debug mode off, it shows HTC Dream device (as I recall), but no internet connection is made available to windows 7.

I found a few threads dealing with this issue, but there didn't seem to be a decent solution.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
I tried this and I get an installation error for "xdandroid" device in windows 7 (with USB debug mode on).

With USB debug mode off, it shows HTC Dream device (as I recall), but no internet connection is made available to windows 7.

I found a few threads dealing with this issue, but there didn't seem to be a decent solution.
You're not installing the device so just click cancel, make sure it shows up as a device in "my computer" and you are connected. Your connection manager should detect once you have tethering enabled. USB tethering is easier than hotspot so I don't understand why you're having problems.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

It shows a device "XDA" under Unspecified section in devices and printers window with Debugging mode on. "XDA" under devices (and shows as drive) when debugging mode is off.

I've gotten the same results on 2 different windows 7 computers.

I'm not the only one who had issues with windows 7 and usb tether (as I saw a few threads on the issue).
Old 10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
It shows a device "XDA" under Unspecified section in devices and printers window with Debugging mode on. "XDA" under devices (and shows as drive) when debugging mode is off.

I've gotten the same results on 2 different windows 7 computers.

I'm not the only one who had issues with windows 7 and usb tether (as I saw a few threads on the issue).
Shouldn't be messing with debugging (at all). You only need to turn on USB tethering (in the tether settings).

It worked flawlessly for me on XP. I can't imagine Microsoft took two steps back in 7, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time .

Works OOB on Linux, I can try on 7 when I get home tonight.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Shouldn't be messing with debugging (at all). You only need to turn on USB tethering (in the tether settings).

It worked flawlessly for me on XP. I can't imagine Microsoft took two steps back in 7, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time .

Works OOB on Linux, I can try on 7 when I get home tonight.
worked on my windows 7 home premium . except for my USB port is shot on my device again .. -.- smh .
Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
worked on my windows 7 home premium . except for my USB port is shot on my device again .. -.- smh .
I found a tongyang Chinese memory card reader for $1 in the bargain bin at Staples that I cannibalize for the mini USB for my BB8330, cheap and works great. On topic I've tested with Vista 64 and all was well.
Edit- What would be really cool now that I think of it would be to match up a micro USB since mini USB is pretty much dead for new devices.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 10-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 (TP2)

Paran0idAndr0id is a n00b

Tethering works in Windows 7, Portable Wifi Hotspot worked pretty good for me, even when connecting more than one device, but I'm in a location that gets 2.75 Mbps dl.

Turning off Portable Wifi Hotspot....that's a different story. Freezes the OS every time and requires a reboot.

Battery life is still the main issue for me as far as making this my main OS on the tp2. I've disabled all widgets except the power toggle, v6 supercharger-256hp aggressive-hard to kill oom, no bloat app/task killers/memory managers, gps & wifi/cell network turned off. With all these settings disabled I got a max of 12 hours battery life, but that was rarely using the phone and 2 call at 20 minutes, no txt, 5 min of internet browsing.

I'll be back and forth between WinMo 6.5 (sprint stock rom) and frx071 depending on what I need. I have to admit, Sprint's stock rom of WinMo 6.5 does fairly well on battery life (about 2-3 days between charge) and using it regularly w/ text, internet, games, weather, bluetooth standby, but I know this is comparing apples to oranges.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development