PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

i uninstall them from manage apps under settings, and through titanium backup

here is picture of what I mean
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/screenshot.png
The installed apps are the ones that I currently have, the rest listed as free are the ones that I installed before but have since uninstalled.

edit: i tried clearing cache, it didnt work

Last edited by EyeB; 09-26-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
i uninstall them from manage apps under settings, and through titanium backup

here is picture of what I mean
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/screenshot.png
The installed apps are the ones that I currently have, the rest listed as free are the ones that I installed before but have since uninstalled.

edit: i tried clearing cache, it didnt work
Oh, they're not listed as installed. I think this is a Market "feature" - to show you all what you've downloaded... I'll try to see if there's some way to disable/clear it...
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

wasnt sure if this was a market place feature or part of this android port :S since the evo didnt do this when i played with it before.

but if it isn't a bug or anything then dont worry too much about spending time looking for a way to clear it, you got better thigns to do with your time lol. plus i can google just as easily as you can
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
wasnt sure if this was a market place feature or part of this android port :S since the evo didnt do this when i played with it before.

but if it isn't a bug or anything then dont worry too much about spending time looking for a way to clear it, you got better thigns to do with your time lol. plus i can google just as easily as you can
Yea, I've honestly never looked at this section. This might be a "bug" on the old Market. Have you tried updating it...?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

bout to give this a try. been using neofroyo for a while, but tired of having a stripped down version and finicky MMS device.

hopefully the battery life isnt too bad on this build :S
Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
bout to give this a try. been using neofroyo for a while, but tired of having a stripped down version and finicky MMS device.

hopefully the battery life isnt too bad on this build :S
Battery life is highly dependent on usage, and mostly a kernel thing. Assuming you are diligent about turning off GPS and there isn't some app running crazily, you should get 12+ hours of light use. Obviously if you're a heavy user, you won't get that.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

domoarigato is a n00b

Thanks. I will use the default bundle and go from there, seems like a pretty straightforward setup. No CWM bs.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

domoarigato is a n00b

ok installed. had an initial android process crashed message as soon as it loaded, but it seems to be running.

MMS i still cant get to work. i have set the APN accordingly to the MMS settings on the wiki for my respective service provider.

any tips?

this is what i have.. when i send a mms it just hangs at sending...

name- sprint
apn - #777
port- 80
server- sprint
mmsc - http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
mms port- 80
mcc- 310
mnc- 00

Last edited by domoarigato; 09-27-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
ok installed. had an initial android process crashed message as soon as it loaded, but it seems to be running.

MMS i still cant get to work. i have set the APN accordingly to the MMS settings on the wiki for my respective service provider.

any tips?

this is what i have.. when i send a mms it just hangs at sending...

name- sprint
apn - #777
port- 80
server- sprint
mmsc - http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
mms port- 80
mcc- 310
mnc- 00
I have a lot less configured, and MMS works for me.

I also named the APN different, but that honestly should NOT matter (for reference, the 'name' is Android, APN is 'internet' on mine... I've also had this set to Sprint/MMS and it works fine, so I don't think these two fields would effect MMS functionality). This is just an assumption, but perhaps the "server" field is wrong - mine is, of course, not set . All I configured was the Name, APN and MMSC. MCC/MNC were pre-populated, so those along with everything else I left as-is. I've had MMS port set to 80, and nothing - both work for me...

Are you using the default messaging app or something different? I am just trying to isolate all the variables...

Oh yea - one last one, that may be important. What radio version are you on? Look at Settings -> About phone. In 'Baseband version' look after the underscore. I am on 2.37.00WV (Verizon's newest, even tho I'm on Sprint). I've also used MMS on 2.32WF, which is Sprint's newest AFAIK.

One last thing - is this fresh, out of the box? Or did you install any apps? Reason I ask is MMS once didn't work for me, because my dumbass was blocking the traffic with Droidwall .
Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quick question:

Would having a verizon radio flashed to a sprint phone prevent me from booting into android ? thats the only thing i can think of keeping me from doing so . ive never had any problems booting android before i know what im doing but yet it keeps staying in the cmd line mode after launching haret.exe . i get the two vibes but thats it then . ive reformated my card a million and two times and redownloaded the full package a million and three times . any ideas ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development