PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: telkomsel

frostbitez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

many thanks to sir arrrgh and teradog i've tried the FRX07.1 now.. downloaded team viewer (haven't tried the other non-working app from the previous bundle) from the market (which have troubles when using FRX07.0) successfully installed it now..i think the LED indicator fixed too in this bundle..and i tried sir teradog's tips for optimizing my TP2, it enchance my TP2 a lot..tyvm arrrgh and teradog for sharing ur knowledgeand,hard works..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Oh wait a minute theres a space after cp it worked i guess. It says usage cp options and bunch of other stuff underneath that. So what do I do next?
Assuming you follow the steps correctly, it should "just work" I believe. If not, try rebooting. If it still doesn't work, I guess pull logs using the GetLogs app in AndroidApps\Other. Not sure what else it would be at this point - unless you "upgraded" the kernel incorrectly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Assuming you follow the steps correctly, it should "just work" I believe. If not, try rebooting. If it still doesn't work, I guess pull logs using the GetLogs app in AndroidApps\Other. Not sure what else it would be at this point - unless you "upgraded" the kernel incorrectly.

I'm gonna try a few things the if all fails I'll start over. I switched back to the original kernals in you bundle. I'm in a flood evaquation and where I'm at theres no cell service only wifi so I'm trying to use it. Thanks
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I'm gonna try a few things the if all fails I'll start over. I switched back to the original kernals in you bundle. I'm in a flood evaquation and where I'm at theres no cell service only wifi so I'm trying to use it. Thanks
Damn... well, there's always WinMo .

Good luck with the flooding. I heard the water is receding... I have family out there.. crazy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Damn... well, there's always WinMo .

Good luck with the flooding. I heard the water is receding... I have family out there.. crazy.

I live right along the North branch of the susquehanna its terrible. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey arrrghhh how do I mount bind the text doc. for the wifi with the user conf file? Thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey arrrghhh how do I mount bind the text doc. for the wifi with the user conf file? Thanks
Not sure if it works or not, but [code]mount --bind /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt[code] Assuming the wifi-nvram.txt file is at the base of the SD card. You might have to symlink it, I'm not sure. Replace the "mount --bind" with "ln -s". If neither of those work, you'll have to cp it as per F22's directions.

Are they not working...?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Not sure if it works or not, but [code]mount --bind /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt[code] Assuming the wifi-nvram.txt file is at the base of the SD card. You might have to symlink it, I'm not sure. Replace the "mount --bind" with "ln -s". If neither of those work, you'll have to cp it as per F22's directions.

Are they not working...?
I get the message wifi not responding first when it tries to scann then after a few seconds it says unable to scan for networks. I did everything per yours and F22 instructions. I even did a fresh data image.

Sent From My TP2 Using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I get the message wifi not responding first when it tries to scann then after a few seconds it says unable to scan for networks. I did everything per yours and F22 instructions. I even did a fresh data image.

So you did the directions AFTER you made a fresh data image right? Did you enter the MAC address in correctly? You don't have to post your file exactly, but if you want to modify it - just keep the same syntax etc. Just want to make sure you're applying it correctly.

Has wifi never worked for you before? I think you sad you've never even tried to use wifi before. I didn't have to do this trick, most don't - but 'unable to scan' is very indicative of no/bad MAC address.

Worse comes to worse, if you're sure you did it correctly - on a fresh boot (as in, don't open a bunch of programs, make a ton of calls etc...) try to use wifi. It fails, good - pull logs using the GetLogs app in AndroidApps\Other. I'd only need dmesg and the regular logcat - radio logs won't do us any good here.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
So you did the directions AFTER you made a fresh data image right? Did you enter the MAC address in correctly? You don't have to post your file exactly, but if you want to modify it - just keep the same syntax etc. Just want to make sure you're applying it correctly.

Has wifi never worked for you before? I think you sad you've never even tried to use wifi before. I didn't have to do this trick, most don't - but 'unable to scan' is very indicative of no/bad MAC address.

Worse comes to worse, if you're sure you did it correctly - on a fresh boot (as in, don't open a bunch of programs, make a ton of calls etc...) try to use wifi. It fails, good - pull logs using the GetLogs app in AndroidApps\Other. I'd only need dmesg and the regular logcat - radio logs won't do us any good here.
The only time I use wifi is in winmo. Is the MAC address in winmo if so that's the one I entered? What do you mean by syntax. Thanks

Last edited by jcthelight; 09-12-2011 at 07:45 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development