PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If you're running FRX07 feel free to post in this thread, I can help you.

If you're running another build, why are you posting in this thread? I can't help you if you're running something I didn't distribute. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Did this work? I see the exact same behavior on my device, It also seems to be tightly coupled with an issue where about 30% of the time if wifi is set to disable at screen off/sleep that when the device goes into sleep instead it reboots... I thought I'd fix this by manually disabling wifi and otherwise leaving it always on, which was working, but then turning wifi on and off started causing this issue, I am running a device which has the following history:
Newest Sprint Rom from sprint
Replaced with Might ROM whatever the last before he retired
Then using neopeek (based on frx07 I believe)
(with 'default' 714Mhz oc)
Relatively small default ext2 partitions per the cw directions.

This stuff is coming along great, till the wierd issues with wifi, I thought this was finally featured and stable enough to replace winmo with...

Thanks, Josh
My experience with the wifi not working has baffles even till now. What I did find was if I were to boot into winmo and had wifi on for a while before I boot into android then wifi would work in android. BUT, as soon as I reboot into android after power off (i installed the direct boot on winmo), wifi would stop working. I still have NRG installed on winmo side, i don't know whether that is the cause but i doubt it now since you're running the stock rom. Hopefully this clears up some for you.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jlpatte2 is a n00b

I'm posting here because this is the only place I have seen someone referencing the same problem I have, and while I don't have your exact build I am pretty sure what I have is based off of your work. Perhaps I should have just used a PM to tkedch...

Sorry to cause any problems
Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jlpatte2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
My experience with the wifi not working has baffles even till now. What I did find was if I were to boot into winmo and had wifi on for a while before I boot into android then wifi would work in android. BUT, as soon as I reboot into android after power off (i installed the direct boot on winmo), wifi would stop working. I still have NRG installed on winmo side, i don't know whether that is the cause but i doubt it now since you're running the stock rom. Hopefully this clears up some for you.
Ahh I don't have stock winmo anymore, I run "mighty rom", just listed the "path I got there by" in case it seemed in common with folks who had this same problem. Thanks, I will see how it goes if I make sure wifi is enabled before booting into android; seems like this would imply something isn't being fully initialized right by android; you'd think the nand folks would have this problem as well... oh well.

Do you know if the "radio" firmware affects wifi, or if its only related to the cell radio? I had thought about trying some of the other radio firmwares.

-Josh
Old 08-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Do you know if the "radio" firmware affects wifi, or if its only related to the cell radio? I had thought about trying some of the other radio firmwares.
Radio firmware has nothing to do with wifi...
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: t7380
Carrier: smart

rorge_myk is a n00b

can u teach me how to convert my htc pro 2 to android?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Radio firmware has nothing to do with wifi...
second that. I do not know the origin of why the wifi fails and at this point, i don't have much to go off. make sure you turn on wifi and let winmo completely boot up first then boot into android.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorge_myk View Post
can u teach me how to convert my htc pro 2 to android?
Yup, read the first post.

If by 'convert' you mean 'get rid of WinMo and only have Android', then you're in the wrong thread. However, be warned... NAND is not stable, at all, whatsoever. Booting from SD card using HaRET (which leverages WinMo to boot Android/Linux) is much, much more stable... so I would recommend you try that before jumping on the NAND bandwagon.

If you really want to...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...-recovery.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew View Post
For those of you who care and have RHODs. Starfox on xda-dev has a kernel which supports notifications. The patch was coded by detule. The patch ensures that you have a blinking green when you have a notification and so on and so forth.

Kernel is here [Test][Kernel] -fox 2.6.27 kernel for RHOD Only! - xda-developers

The notifications also require a library which needs to be mounted.

mount --bind /sdcard/lights.msm7k.so /system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so

The above line needs to be added into your froyo.user.conf file in the custom section to successfuly mount your lib. The lib path is in the OP of the topic linked above.
Just a note that the LED notification is fantastic...slightly miss knowing when device is in sleep mode but being able to tell if I have notifications without having to power on the screen is so worth it. Thanks for giving us the heads-up on this!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

droesch is a n00b

RUU just hangs on 0% for a few minutes until it error/times out. Connected with WMDC on Windows 7. Boots phone into multicolor page. Loads HTC USB driver on computer and then phone goes to progress bar and just sits.

Do I have to unlock the windows mobile side of my phone somehow? Just have the stock WM 6.5 Sprint ROM currently. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droesch View Post
RUU just hangs on 0% for a few minutes until it error/times out. Connected with WMDC on Windows 7. Boots phone into multicolor page. Loads HTC USB driver on computer and then phone goes to progress bar and just sits.

Do I have to unlock the windows mobile side of my phone somehow? Just have the stock WM 6.5 Sprint ROM currently. Thanks!
Not sure what RUU has to do with this build.

Everything runs off of the SD card - no need to unlock in any way, shape, or form. Runs fine on the stock ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development