PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dadaR6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Settings do not work for me. If the "Power Control" widget (whatever that is?), works through the same settings, likely not to work either. Seems like, if I want BT to work I have to go through the steps outlines in XDA... a bit too much work...

Cheers
In my case, I had to boot WinMo with BT OFF, then do NOT turn it on in WinMo, leave it OFF, then launch Haret. After that I am able to toggle BT ON/OFF in Android otherwise it would just fail to enable.

Hope it helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaR6 View Post
In my case, I had to boot WinMo with BT OFF, then do NOT turn it on in WinMo, leave it OFF, then launch Haret. After that I am able to toggle BT ON/OFF in Android otherwise it would just fail to enable.

Hope it helps.
I thought it just messed up sleep? If this is true I'll add it to the first post... such oddities all because of WinMo!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Lurker

dadaR6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I thought it just messed up sleep? If this is true I'll add it to the first post... such oddities all because of WinMo!
Well, honestly I dont remember which one was it, but in one case I was getting no sleep or cannot start BT if BT was ON at some point in WinMo. I tried it so many times, that I forgot which one was causing what. lol. Now BT is always OFF in WinMo from beginning to end and I dont have any issues anymore (with BT at least...).

I am getting the same oddity as others regarding the service signal: receive a call then I hang up, then the no service icon appears but I can still receive calls!, I just cannot place any until I switch to Airplane Mode.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Settings do not work for me. If the "Power Control" widget (whatever that is?), works through the same settings, likely not to work either. Seems like, if I want BT to work I have to go through the steps outlines in XDA... a bit too much work...

Cheers
on your homescreen, press and hold until you see a list of things you could add to your desktop. select widget then scroll down the near the bottom, you should see power. Though i don't think it would work since you can't turn it on under settings
Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Well, honestly I dont remember which one was it, but in one case I was getting no sleep or cannot start BT if BT was ON at some point in WinMo. I tried it so many times, that I forgot which one was causing what. lol. Now BT is always OFF in WinMo from beginning to end and I dont have any issues anymore (with BT at least...).

I am getting the same oddity as others regarding the service signal: receive a call then I hang up, then the no service icon appears but I can still receive calls!, I just cannot place any until I switch to Airplane Mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Maybe i should try turn wifi on in winmo then try out my wifi problem in android after that................ thanx for the inspiration.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Smile Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:

Hope it helps.
This was the key!

I was able to pair my TP2 with my Motorola S9 headset and also with my car BT!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

well... new SD card..formatted with HPtool.

old calibration file. new startup file from startup folder with path added.

first time it never booted. Tried again and it booted up without any issues. For the first few minutes no coverage. got a little curious and then it showed up.

3G shows up - so far no SOD/hung ups/restarts.

Able to browse through browser - but not able to get into market -getting "u dont have network connection"... but browser works without any issue.

The default weather/news widget is still loading.

able to receive calls.. but not able to call anyone. it hangs and comes right back to home screen. after some repeated attempts - i got activity dialer not responding. force close?

any thing am missing???
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)

janusman is a n00b

update:

rebooted again. 3G is working. Am able to call and receive calls. Market is working fine.

Only issue is -while calling - it hangs up for sometime.. after a few tries - it works..

has overclocking worked for anyone so far??? I feel the phone s a little sluggish.

Volume on speaker while on call is too low..any tips??
Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Anyone get MMS to work on Verizon? I added and APN name: Verizon APN: internet MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms No luck. Just hangs on sending when I try and send one.

edit: Nevermind. I rebooted phone and now it sends them no problem.

Last edited by ThrottleAbuse; 07-19-2011 at 12:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b

Fresh data.img, first thing is install Titanium backup and then move the software to SD card --> message "failed to move application"
I had verified that i have enough stored space to move this apps,
This is a bug or something else pp?

sol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development