PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

thecensor 03-26-2012 12:24 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2174050)
Nope, I don't think they would be related to your camera issue.

I'm really surprised you're trying so hard to get the cam working... it's really not worth it IMHO.

It's worth it to me to post pictures to Facebook. it's not that bad of a camera, just has no flash :-(

arrrghhh 03-26-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174053)
It's worth it to me to post pictures to Facebook. it's not that bad of a camera, just has no flash :-(

It's pretty bad, but I also have a newer device to compare it to :evil4:

thecensor 03-26-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2174057)
It's pretty bad, but I also have a newer device to compare it to :evil4:

Ture, but newer devices can't be put on Boost pay as you go (at least not a 100% legal way :-)

arrrghhh 03-26-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174059)
Ture, but newer devices can't be put on Boost pay as you go (at least not a 100% legal way :-)

Dunno, I'm on Sprint.

thecensor 03-26-2012 08:50 PM

OK, that didn't do the trick. I'm ready to try NAND, I just have some questions:

I saw the list of things that don't work in NAND and the only things that concern me are headphone and GPS.

Will the GPS work on NAND?
Also what is the danger of turning the phone in to an unrecoverable brick when installing NAND.

Thanks

eurohunter 03-26-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174088)

I saw the list of things that don't work in NAND and the only things that concern me are headphone and GPS.

Also what is the danger of turning the phone in to an unrecoverable brick when installing NAND.

Thanks

Headphones work. GPS works (i also flashed detule's aGPS XTRA, don't know if it is necessary or not though). From what i've read, the chances of hard bricking your phone are slim to none. Give it a shot. The only drawback i've seen with it is the poor battery. It holds for like 4-5 hours with regular use. The phone might also freeze every now and then in which case you will have to remove the battery to reboot. But other than this, it's perfect. :mrgreen:

arrrghhh 03-26-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174088)
OK, that didn't do the trick. I'm ready to try NAND, I just have some questions:

Thanks

As was stated, it's pretty difficult to really brick it. You can always flash WinMo back...

GPS works, and detule's lib helps immensely as well.

It uses a pretty similar kernel, so it would be interesting to to see if your cam worked thar.

thecensor 03-26-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2174094)
As was stated, it's pretty difficult to really brick it. You can always flash WinMo back...

GPS works, and detule's lib helps immensely as well.

It uses a pretty similar kernel, so it would be interesting to to see if your cam worked thar.

I read the instructions or NAND and unfortunately they look like they are too advance for me :( They are intended for developers.

arrrghhh 03-27-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174102)
I read the instructions or NAND and unfortunately they look like they are too advance for me :( They are intended for developers.

I wouldn't say they're intended for developers... many non-devs have done it. I would agree tho, they're not exactly simple yet - it's definitely a more advanced topic. It is still in the testing phase... But ironically the steps are quite similar to what you have to do on a native Android device - especially the part about adb and fastboot. That's pretty standard when rooting/flashing native Android devices.

thecensor 03-27-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2174128)
I wouldn't say they're intended for developers... many non-devs have done it. I would agree tho, they're not exactly simple yet - it's definitely a more advanced topic. It is still in the testing phase... But ironically the steps are quite similar to what you have to do on a native Android device - especially the part about adb and fastboot. That's pretty standard when rooting/flashing native Android devices.

I'd love to do it ,but they seem to skip some explanations becasue they assume the user will know them. Maybe you can help me with that :smile: