PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

arrrghhh 03-27-2012 10:41 AM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecensor (Post 2174130)
I'd love to do it ,but they seem to skip some explanations becasue they assume the user will know them. Maybe you can help me with that :smile:

Please ask questions about NAND in the NAND thread. You're really derailing this thread...

janusman 04-20-2012 11:40 PM

One question..

I recently flashed an unlocked GSM radio for my Verizon CDMA device to use it on gsm networks.

Would I still be able to run android on top of it??

arrrghhh 04-22-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusman (Post 2176079)
One question..

I recently flashed an unlocked GSM radio for my Verizon CDMA device to use it on gsm networks.

Would I still be able to run android on top of it??

Yes.......

janusman 04-23-2012 11:28 AM

Huh.. I tried and all I was getting was restart to windows.. Let me try again after copying the fresh set of files..

Sc/ant864 04-23-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusman (Post 2176246)
Huh.. I tried and all I was getting was restart to windows.. Let me try again after copying the fresh set of files..

If it's an old SD card make sure you format with HP tool to fat32 first.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

janusman 04-23-2012 12:15 PM

I was using the same phone with same SD card and still have the data image too - this was few months ago with FRX7.1 came out..

Was loving it until I bought the SGSII. Now that I gave it to my bro - am back to my good old TP2. Only diff now is - it has been security unlocked and has GSM radio (using tmo)..

I just replaced the files in SD card - deleted the data img - rebooted - it took a couple of tries and its working now.. Oh - I deleted the force_cdma = 1 from the startup..

am getting only Edge from tmo in this phone.. and it has frozen a couple of times now when i opened market.. Have to fool around a bit I guess..

arrrghhh 04-23-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusman (Post 2176253)
I was using the same phone with same SD card and still have the data image too - this was few months ago with FRX7.1 came out..

Was loving it until I bought the SGSII. Now that I gave it to my bro - am back to my good old TP2. Only diff now is - it has been security unlocked and has GSM radio (using tmo)..

I just replaced the files in SD card - deleted the data img - rebooted - it took a couple of tries and its working now.. Oh - I deleted the force_cdma = 1 from the startup..

am getting only Edge from tmo in this phone.. and it has frozen a couple of times now when i opened market.. Have to fool around a bit I guess..

Have you updated the build at all? There's probably been some changes since you last updated.

Plus, there's GBX which is working pretty well. It works with the newest kernels as well, I hear 3.2/3.3 are working quite well ;).

janusman 04-23-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2176255)
Have you updated the build at all? There's probably been some changes since you last updated.

Plus, there's GBX which is working pretty well. It works with the newest kernels as well, I hear 3.2/3.3 are working quite well ;).

I just downloaded a fresh copy and it seems to be working. It does take a couple of tries to get the screen back on once its off.

yet to apply the tweaks that I used to have.. Will get to that today after work.

GBX - have to try out.. Will let you know.. Thnx.

Edwood 05-02-2012 11:15 AM

arrrghhh, you are THE man. I'm stuck on SERO plan and have no desire to pay $50/month for a newer Android phone to convert to SERO P plan.

Thanks so much. :occasion5:

Just fired up this build on my Sprint TP2. Going to have to get myself familiar with Android.

-Ed

blissyung 09-05-2012 02:34 PM

i finally got this to work on my phone but i have a problem, i have to tap the touch really hard for it to respond. it happens only with the android... anyone help!!!