PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

vinceweis 07-21-2011 01:31 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey (Post 2130184)
Rhod400, extracted contents of zip into a folder named FRX07, added my calibration and startup, ran haret and it freezes at this line no matter how many times i try to run haret:

Code:

cannot find '/system/bin/installd', disabling 'installd'
here's my startup:

Code:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off rel_path=FRX07 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

I have that problem when I have partitions on the SD card for playing with CWM builds. You need to add no_partitions to the set cmdline statement.

kcwebmonkey 07-21-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinceweis (Post 2130492)
I have that problem when I have partitions on the SD card for playing with CWM builds. You need to add no_partitions to the set cmdline statement.

That might be it then because i do have partitions for CWM builds. What's the exact statement? no_partitions=true?

vinceweis 07-21-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey (Post 2130522)
That might be it then because i do have partitions for CWM builds. What's the exact statement? no_partitions=true?

just no_partitions

aristowong 07-21-2011 02:54 PM

anyone still having issues with random loss of services after receiving texts/calls?

arrrghhh 07-21-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristowong (Post 2130542)
anyone still having issues with random loss of services after receiving texts/calls?

I have random loss of service, but it's usually around calls or heavy data usage - no one has sorted it out as of yet, but I'm trying to pursue the issue with the RIL developer. Won't be a simple issue to figure out I'm afraid... I've done my best to shake out other potential issues with the RIL, and so far have turned up nada...

Definitely a known-issue, but no known-fix at this time...

CYoung234 07-21-2011 05:23 PM

Just a quick note of thanks to the developers and to arrrghhh for all of the help here. I have been able to get this up and running, and BT works with my Jawbone headset just fine. Voice Dialer seems to work as well, but I have not been able to test it out much yet. Battery life is still Mehhh, but not horrible. In Win-Mo, I can easily make it through an entire day; with Android, maybe 1/2 a day so far. Not completely sure why yet.

arrrghhh 07-21-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYoung234 (Post 2130629)
Just a quick note of thanks to the developers and to arrrghhh for all of the help here. I have been able to get this up and running, and BT works with my Jawbone headset just fine. Voice Dialer seems to work as well, but I have not been able to test it out much yet. Battery life is still Mehhh, but not horrible. In Win-Mo, I can easily make it through an entire day; with Android, maybe 1/2 a day so far. Not completely sure why yet.

All I can suggest is make sure it's sleeping (solid green LED). Not sure Android will ever match WinMo for battery life... WinMo seems to be very efficient - probably because it's not doing anything :p.

kcwebmonkey 07-21-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristowong (Post 2130542)

I am, along with other issues that i thought were fixed a long time ago like the screen dimming even though i have it set to full brightness, calls going to speakerphone all on their own, speakerphone static when on a call, system lagging seriously, rebooting on its own...

arrrghhh 07-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey (Post 2130663)
I am, along with other issues that i thought were fixed a long time ago like the screen dimming even though i have it set to full brightness, calls going to speakerphone all on their own, speakerphone static when on a call, system lagging seriously, rebooting on its own...

None of these issues have been addressed. Most of them you list are related to audio routing, which is completely unchanged in 07...

System lagging seriously, nothing new - it's an issue that could be caused by any number of things. Along with rebooting on its own - they're tied together, if the system lags so badly that it can't do anything it will reboot itself basically. I usually get this when updating many apps from the Market - system chokes on itself and eventually does a killall zygote and boom back to the boot animation...

Brightness is a kernel issue. Not sure why you thought a new build would magically fix that...

kcwebmonkey 07-21-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2130681)
None of these issues have been addressed. Most of them you list are related to audio routing, which is completely unchanged in 07...

System lagging seriously, nothing new - it's an issue that could be caused by any number of things. Along with rebooting on its own - they're tied together, if the system lags so badly that it can't do anything it will reboot itself basically. I usually get this when updating many apps from the Market - system chokes on itself and eventually does a killall zygote and boom back to the boot animation...

Brightness is a kernel issue. Not sure why you thought a new build would magically fix that...

hmm i guess i'm not sure what frx07 is exactly then... i thought it would be a release package which would include the latest and greatest up until now?

don't get me wrong though, i'm not trying to complain. i really appreciate all the hard work everyone does for this and love seeing all this progress!