PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

cutecool 07-23-2011 02:49 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2131156)
All 3 Angry birds work great for me, have for months, all builds. Are you OCing?

lol, seems ur lucky enuf, No i am not overclocking..
i dunno y its not working for me :( ,m having sprint tp2, with FRX07 using energy rom Gtx29022 with sense disabled..
i downloaded angry bird from market place, n after it was successfully installed.. i run the game it just hangs on loading.. any clues wat shud i do..

teradog 07-23-2011 04:15 PM

dunno, but don't want to get off track on this thread, not mine...

*edit* editing post for readability & tailor toward all slow apps.
Original response was to help get angry birds running, but may help with other slow apps & menus.

If your "Android is slow", here are 4 simple steps to make an application run/run faster.

• OC (Overclock): Put this in your startup.txt anywhere between the "" (ensure a space between any words, not quotes) acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 then reboot, try again.. probably needs the boost in speed..
  • DL Advanced Task Killer from market & kill all running apps before going into the game.
  • Set your apps not to auto update in settings, so a bunch of other tasks & network access isn't going on at the same time your trying to play...
  • On the Windows side before going into Android, you should run "Field Trial" and check your reception is. Walk around & try to get in the -50 to -60dbm range before going into Android. Turning your TP2 even 180 degrees in the exact same location can bring the signal from -60 to -90 in a hurry, so ensure your in a good reception area.

Don't know about your location (Qatar), perhaps some software restrictions on that & or network.
If you want to discuss further, post over in the Android Simple Guide sticky... i'll respond... again not my thread here...

Good job arrrhggg on closing out frx06 thread, smart move... t'd post 137 for that..

JAMBergie 07-23-2011 08:50 PM

My physical end key no longer ends phone calls, I have to use the touch screen to end a call on my side. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

EyeB 07-23-2011 11:12 PM

the end key was made to become the home key :S because there isn't one for the phone.

Would have rather made back key the home key and left end as end since I don't use back often.

docnas 07-24-2011 12:55 AM

My wish is that the end key did both ie when its in a call it ends call otherwise it goes to home screen. Is there anyway to have that kind of functionality?

jerryyyyy 07-24-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2131156)
All 3 Angry birds work great for me, have for months, all builds. Are you OCing?

Has worked for me with OCing.

arrrghhh 07-24-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docnas (Post 2131272)
My wish is that the end key did both ie when its in a call it ends call otherwise it goes to home screen. Is there anyway to have that kind of functionality?

Nope. It can be the home key for a short press, but if you want the long press functionality (recent apps) then it cannot also end calls.

You can set the power button to end calls from the accessibility menu...

kcwebmonkey 07-25-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutecool (Post 2131178)
lol, seems ur lucky enuf, No i am not overclocking..
i dunno y its not working for me :( ,m having sprint tp2, with FRX07 using energy rom Gtx29022 with sense disabled..
i downloaded angry bird from market place, n after it was successfully installed.. i run the game it just hangs on loading.. any clues wat shud i do..

try angry birds lite. there's an apk for it on this forum somewhere, just search for it

tomc585 07-26-2011 01:14 PM

Was still running FRY05 and finally got around to updating to FRX07. I cant remember how i got my contacts ported in if I even did it at all or it did it by itself. Whats the easiest way to port them in? (sprint tp2)

arrrghhh 07-26-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomc585 (Post 2132083)
Was still running FRY05 and finally got around to updating to FRX07. I cant remember how i got my contacts ported in if I even did it at all or it did it by itself. Whats the easiest way to port them in? (sprint tp2)

Sync with your Google account. Hands down the easiest way.