PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

arrrghhh 09-09-2011 10:27 AM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbitez (Post 2143787)
greetings sir.. im still using FRX07.0 on my TP2 Sprint, (coz im still downloading the FRX07.1)..in FRX07.0 my bluetooth, camera,3,5mm jack, is working normally:headbang:, but i have an issue with the applications from the market, mostly wont work (installation unsuccessfull), e.g : team viewer, angry birds, bunny shooter,live wallpapers and many others..does upgrading the FRX07 will make those apps to works?

thanks for ur time and sorry if i post at wrong thread ](*,)](*,)

You posted in the right thread if you're using this build ;).

As for install unsuccessful, I can't be positive it will fix your issue - but there are certain applications that are fixed with an updated rootfs (which is in 7.1).

However, some apps you will have to do a 'manual' install - Live Wallpapers for example. See this thread on how to get those working. Angry Birds... I don't think our phones can support it. Never tried the others you listed.

jcthelight 09-09-2011 11:55 AM

I can't seem to get wifi to work it says unable to scan and I changed the zimage amd modules and I don't understand this fix xda-developers - View Single Post - 6/1 Android Build WIFI not working???
Thanks.

arrrghhh 09-09-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2143802)
I can't seem to get wifi to work it says unable to scan and I changed the zimage amd modules and I don't understand this fix xda-developers - View Single Post - 6/1 Android Build WIFI not working???
Thanks.

Have you ever been able to use wifi? Why did you change kernels...? 7.1 still has the newest of the new as far as kernels go...

If you've never, ever been able to use wifi that post will help you. If Android can't (or won't, whatever) detect your MAC address, then wifi will not work and that wifi-nvram.txt trick becomes necessary. For most people it's not necessary.

teradog 09-09-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbitez (Post 2143787)
greetings sir.. im still using FRX07.0 on my TP2 Sprint, (coz im still downloading the FRX07.1)..in FRX07.0 my bluetooth, camera,3,5mm jack, is working normally, but i have an issue with the applications from the market, mostly wont work (installation unsuccessfull), e.g : team viewer, angry birds, bunny shooter,live wallpapers and many others..does upgrading the FRX07 will make those apps to works? ...

Add my 2 cents...
If you keep getting installation unsuccessful, so have I... can't remember but I think a simple reboot took care of it. Seems also, may have just had to wait a day. It happened to me in the last few weeks... almost seemed like market was having an issue. If after reboot & waiting a day, still doesn't work, delete your data.img file & let it rebuild (will blow away emails, etc..).
Re. Angry Birds & other apps that require lots of juice...
See here:
If your TP2 is slow, do this. #267
Quote:

OC (Overclock): Put this in your startup.txt anywhere between the "" (ensure a space between any words, not quotes) acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 then reboot, try again.. probably needs the boost in speed..
DL Advanced Task Killer Froyo from market & kill all running apps before going into the game/application.
Set your apps not to auto update in settings, so a bunch of other tasks & network access isn't going on at the same time your trying to play... settings, Accounts & sync, background data (UNCHECK IT).
On the Windows side before going into Android, you should run "Field Trial" and check your reception is. Walk around & try to get in the -50 to -60dbm range before going into Android. Turning your TP2 even 180 degrees in the exact same location can bring the signal from -60 to -90 in a hurry, so ensure your in a good reception area. (-70's is OK most of the time also)
Also, the constant adds & data connection can bog you down, some options:
Just turn off Data, or use Droidwall from market, (or put in airplane mode) #282

arrrghhhh later started this great thread with some additional tips: [[Speed Improvements]] Brainstorming & Testing Thread!!

Good luck

janusman 09-09-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2143603)
1. Do you mean silent mode? I have mine set to vibrate "Always", and it always vibrates.

2. I would try to update your radio firmware. I do not have this problem (although others have reported it, and to my knowledge no one has found a definitive answer. For some the solution was putting WinMo in airplane mode before booting Android, might try that as well. Others haven't been able to solve it at all...)

3. Signal will fluctuate. I typically have 2 bars in my office. In my buddy's house, I get 0 bars, with it randomly bliping. Keep in mind, the signal strength reading for 1xRTT is different from EVDO. So you'll get a different strength reading if it's flipping between those modes. The strength bar is much more accurate now tho...

4. Read the changelog. Userland notifications now control the LED.

5. That will happen. If the system hangs (for any reason) and it unavailable for a certain amount of time, killall zygote is called and you're back at the boot animation. It usually comes back in a good state for me (before it didn't) but some said they still have to reboot after this because the radio won't work. For whatever reason, it's now coming back in a good state for me.

1. Silent mode - It is vibrating now. Just rebooted and it seems OK now.

2. Radio firmware - I am on VZW 2.37 I think. Thats the latest I cud find when I installed ENERGY rom. I dint get a couple of calls yesterday night when my friends were trying to reach me :(.. Will try the airplane mode in winmo..

3. Well - I never am getting any signal bar

arrrghhh 09-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusman (Post 2143816)
3. Well - I never am getting any signal bar

lol... ever? Have you moved around at all, like in a car? I want to make sure you've tried it in different environments. I certainly get signal, no problem. It does fluctuate, and I wanted you to be aware that 1xRTT and EVDO have completely different representations. At my office, I have a full 4 bars on 1xRTT, but I'm usually on EVDO - which I only get 1-2 bars at my office on EVDO.

jcthelight 09-09-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2143812)
Have you ever been able to use wifi? Why did you change kernels...? 7.1 still has the newest of the new as far as kernels go...

If you've never, ever been able to use wifi that post will help you. If Android can't (or won't, whatever) detect your MAC address, then wifi will not work and that wifi-nvram.txt trick becomes necessary. For most people it's not necessary.

I read you F&Q's and thats what it says to do if its not working.

Also when i do the command prompt it says not found.

arrrghhh 09-09-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2143880)
I read you F&Q's and thats what it says to do if its not working.

Also when i do the command prompt it say not found.

Obviously you didn't read it carefully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAQ
If you upgraded your kernel (see Incremental Updates) then make sure the modules-xxxx.tar.gz file matches the kernel (zImage).

Note the word I bolded.

At any rate, I assume you mean this command:
Code:

cp /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt
Returned the "not found" error? Well that begs the question, did you put the wifi-nvram.txt file at the root of your SD card (no folders)?

I can't read minds. You need to be more descriptive and perhaps take a little more time composing your posts. Also might help when reading documentation and performing complicated steps... Hell might even help you at your job, in real life.

jcthelight 09-09-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2143891)
Obviously you didn't read it carefully.

Note the word I bolded.

At any rate, I assume you mean this command:
Code:

cp /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt /data/wifi-nvram.txt
Returned the "not found" error? Well that begs the question, did you put the wifi-nvram.txt file at the root of your SD card (no folders)?

I can't read minds. You need to be more descriptive and perhaps take a little more time composing your posts. Also might help when reading documentation and performing complicated steps... Hell might even help you at your job, in real life.

Yes i downloaded the terminal emmulator from the market and did what the instructions said. and the txt doc is on the root of my sd card i even put the old image and modules files back.

jcthelight 09-09-2011 07:23 PM

Oh wait a minute theres a space after cp it worked i guess. It says usage cp options and bunch of other stuff underneath that. So what do I do next?