PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

Slwitek 09-05-2011 12:20 AM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Slingplayer still a no go. Seems to work as good as before with the update. LED definitly have changed. Good work guys!

lows 09-06-2011 04:38 PM

hi ...nice build still not faster than gb but a lot of bugs from froyo changed..

cant still figurated out how to send mms (pictures) i can received them, after mess up with the access point names (apn) i achived send the picture but i never get to his destiny ...maybe u can help me here

name- android
apn - #777
port- 80
server- sprint
mmsc - http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
mms port- 80
mcc- 310
mnc- 00

*everything else i left intact ( do i got something wrong) or missing something....

ty in adv..

arrrghhh 09-06-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lows (Post 2143169)
hi ...nice build still not faster than gb but a lot of bugs from froyo changed..

cant still figurated out how to send mms (pictures) i can received them, after mess up with the access point names (apn) i achived send the picture but i never get to his destiny ...maybe u can help me here

name- android
apn - #777
port- 80
server- sprint
mmsc - http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
mms port- 80
mcc- 310
mnc- 00

*everything else i left intact ( do i got something wrong) or missing something....

ty in adv..

Who said it was faster than GB...?

Whatever. Your APN settings look fine (assuming you're on Sprint). You didn't provide any description as to what happens or any logs or really anything that would help troubleshoot. So I can only guess... perhaps DroidWall is blocking access? I don't know.

r3v0 09-06-2011 06:45 PM

how is the battery life running andriod now? can it make it through a day with moderate usage?

arrrghhh 09-06-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v0 (Post 2143209)
how is the battery life running andriod now? can it make it through a day with moderate usage?

Everyone's usage patterns and service strengths are so drastically different, it's hard to say if what is currently available is acceptable to you.

From what others have reported, and from what I experience "light" usage can easily make it thru the whole day. Moderate to heavy... well most native Android devices can't handle a full day of that, so I wouldn't expect our poor old phones to do any better.

Either way, I'd make your own judgement. Everyone's level of tolerance is different, and obviously everyone's environment/setup is different as well. Whose to say my usage is light or yours is heavy? We could both use the phone the same amount of time, who knows. It's all perception.

r3v0 09-06-2011 08:47 PM

currently using this build.
doesn't feel as smooth, but its better than not having andriod.
Battery seems fair, much much better than the previous builds. (i notice the LED no longer stay on which is very helpful in saving battery)

Is there a way to change the XDAndriod when you drag down the top tool bar?

hope to see GB sometime, as its much more user friendly IMO.

Nice work keep it up, this gives "us" no everything plans something to play with.

arrrghhh 09-06-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v0 (Post 2143258)
currently using this build.
doesn't feel as smooth, but its better than not having andriod.
Battery seems fair, much much better than the previous builds. (i notice the LED no longer stay on which is very helpful in saving battery)

Is there a way to change the XDAndriod when you drag down the top tool bar?

hope to see GB sometime, as its much more user friendly IMO.

Nice work keep it up, this gives "us" no everything plans something to play with.

LED has nothing to do with battery life, that's not the point of that change... an LED takes pretty much 0 power.

XDAndroid comes from the eri.xml file in /data.

There's already a GB build. Has been for a while.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ha-camera.html

r3v0 09-06-2011 09:44 PM

I do not see the eri.xml file in the /data directory

with my /data directory is com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

i did a search and the file didnt come up either.

I looked in /andriod/data and no eri.xml as well

arrrghhh 09-06-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v0 (Post 2143274)
I do not see the eri.xml file in the /data directory

with my /data directory is com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

i did a search and the file didnt come up either.

I looked in /andriod/data and no eri.xml as well

I believe you have to actually put the eri.xml file there. Sorry, I was thinking about how it used to work. Not sure exactly how the devs did it, but instead of listing the carrier's name the choice was made to put XDAndroid in for the carrier's name in place of a roaming indicator and the wrong carrier. I don't think changing it manually is an option anymore without that eri.xml. At least I would say that's not a critical thing.

r3v0 09-06-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2143276)
I believe you have to actually put the eri.xml file there. Sorry, I was thinking about how it used to work. Not sure exactly how the devs did it, but instead of listing the carrier's name the choice was made to put XDAndroid in for the carrier's name in place of a roaming indicator and the wrong carrier. I don't think changing it manually is an option anymore without that eri.xml. At least I would say that's not a critical thing.

True, not a crucial thing to worry about
Usability is priority #1