PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)
Carrier: Sprint

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] .39 Kernel **NEW** 6/7/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Bear with me for a second.... I have rpierce99's logging app, but to recreate the problem I will have to start doing a backup and then make a phone call to the phone then do a reboot, will his app work in this situation i.e. will it give me enough time to get all of those things going to recreate the issue? I didn't think so, I assumed it took a look at the immediate processes but didn't go on for 1-2 minutes, but then again I'm a noob at this which is why I'm asking.
No the app is very much a snapshot of the current moment the button is pressed, you would somehow have to run the app after the problem occurred for it to be useful in any way.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
No the app is very much a snapshot of the current moment the button is pressed, you would somehow have to run the app after the problem occurred for it to be useful in any way.
That's kinda what I figured. I'll see if I can figure it out but each time it's happened it needed a reboot to get working again, it gets completely borked and won't do squat.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: tmobile

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff

I'm guessing you are running stock RIL. Detule has had good luck with hyc's RIL1 if you want to try that and see if the problem persists.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Correct - .39 has been rock solid for me in the last 24 hrs on a partitioned build with some changes to the file system. As it is, I have put it through the paces with multiple market downloads, adb installs/pull/push though I don't think I ever received a phone call during those times.

If you are running the stock ril - ditch that crap as soon as possible. I am currently on hyc's ril1 dated 04-12 with the standard f22 rootfs. Soon I will try to migrate to ril2 + f22&hyc rootfs, unless someone shares a negative experience with that setup and this kernel.

Not sure if it's because of the file system changes to my partitions, but I am really enjoying .39. The screen behavior alone is worth the upgrade.

Thanks jonpry and WisTilt2, this rig is really great.

Caveat: Haven't tested wifi or BT.

Last edited by detule; 06-18-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
I'm guessing you are running stock RIL. Detule has had good luck with hyc's RIL1 if you want to try that and see if the problem persists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
Correct - .39 has been rock solid for me in the last 24 hrs on a partitioned build with some changes to the file system. As it is, I have put it through the paces with multiple market downloads, adb installs/pull/push though I don't think I ever received a phone call during those times.

If you are running the stock ril - ditch that crap as soon as possible. I am currently on hyc's ril1 dated 04-12 with the standard f22 rootfs. Soon I will try to migrate to ril2 + f22&hyc rootfs, unless someone shares a negative experience with that setup and this kernel.

Not sure if it's because of the file system changes to my partitions, but I am really enjoying .39. The screen behavior alone is worth the upgrade.

Thanks jonpry and WisTilt2, this rig is really great.

Caveat: Haven't tested wifi or BT.
It's running ril1 w/ standard F22 rootfs w/o hyc's stuff (from 4/19 I believe), but I'll load up ril2 in a bit, but I'm not on a partitioned build so we'll see how that works. But other than getting a call while rebuilding w/ titanium BU all has been well. No other tweaks, i.e. BT, audio, etc and also haven't tried out wifi.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: tmobile

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff

Acoustic is integrated into the latest autobuild. So to get sound you will need a system that supports it such as hyc's FRX06+. This will also bring RIL2. Still working on bluetooth.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Acoustic is integrated into the latest autobuild. So to get sound you will need a system that supports it such as hyc's FRX06+. This will also bring RIL2. Still working on bluetooth.
Heck yes. I've been itchin to try out the newest hotness in the new acoustic stuffs. Thanks jonpry!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hyc = sneaky bastard i had to tab to the link, for the life of me i couldnt find it

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xddy is a n00b

My case: was running FRX06 without problems. Then, following instructions to replace hare, add a line to startup, replace zImage and modules.

First boot, dead at text screen.
Second boot, dead at animation.
Third boot, success, but no service, no sound.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sprint tp2
Old 06-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xddy View Post
My case: was running FRX06 without problems. Then, following instructions to replace hare, add a line to startup, replace zImage and modules.

First boot, dead at text screen.
Second boot, dead at animation.
Third boot, success, but no service, no sound.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sprint tp2
Well the first two boots, no clue. Third boot, sounds like you're running an image without the new acoustic changes. Stick to .27 kernels unless you have a system image that has the new acoustic stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development