PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB
Carrier: Sprint

anish88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

thats why i said it was a bratty request. I'm not saying I want it on this day or setting a deadline, i was just wondering. i appreciate all the help that everyone is giving. We havent had an update in a while and was wondering if there were any on the way. not trying to be rude in anyway, btw.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
thats why i said it was a bratty request. I'm not saying I want it on this day or setting a deadline, i was just wondering. i appreciate all the help that everyone is giving. We havent had an update in a while and was wondering if there were any on the way. not trying to be rude in anyway, btw.
np, I just have no idea. So it wouldn't really be fair to give you any sort of a date, as I would literally just be making it up. New testing stuff arises daily almost, so the new build is going to be a doozie. Takes time to integrate all this stuff, and real life gets in the way for a lot of devs .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

i cant wait for the next one.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Guys, while waiting for an update I updated the WiMo side of my phone to the 29020 Energy ROM and it really rocks. Seems like you can OC to higher speeds in this build. You can amuse yourselves with that while waiting for a new Android build....
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ICE Celular

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Re: Energy ROM Plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Guys, while waiting for an update I updated the WiMo side of my phone to the 29020 Energy ROM and it really rocks. Seems like you can OC to higher speeds in this build. You can amuse yourselves with that while waiting for a new Android build....
Why post in this Android thread a plug for NRG's WM ROM? Several users of that version of 2920 actually reported that they had to lower the OC MHz compared to previous versions. See the NRGZ28's Rhodium thread on XDA.

Last edited by Joe Bleau; 05-17-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...as I would literally just be making it up.
Which begs the question...

...does your "MakeThatChickHotForYouRay" App that you wrote REALLY fire a ray out of the IR Port and make any chick you hit totally hot for you????

I took it out to the local bar over the weekend & I don't think it was working. Should I use a different kernel? Or maybe OC with SetCpu??

Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bleau View Post
Why post in this Android thread a plug for NRG's WM ROM? Several users of that version of 2920 actually reported that they had to lower the OC MHz compared to previous versions. See the NRGZ28's Rhodium thread on XDA.
I am actually somewhat obsessed by this OC issue and it turns out that after about 2 days of testing I wind up with exactly the same maximum OC speed in Android as in the new WiMo ROM...

I am avoiding buying a new phone and want this puppy to run as fast as possible given the competition of phones with Ghz processors.

I am also trying to divert attention from the poor developers over here so they can develop in peace

Cheers
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
I am actually somewhat obsessed by this OC issue and it turns out that after about 2 days of testing I wind up with exactly the same maximum OC speed in Android as in the new WiMo ROM...

I am avoiding buying a new phone and want this puppy to run as fast as possible given the competition of phones with Ghz processors.

I am also trying to divert attention from the poor developers over here so they can develop in peace

Cheers
Thank you for the reference to Enery ROM. I've be running Mighty ROM for over a year on my Rhodium. I'd looked for other ROM's, since MR stopped all updates 6 months, ago, but I hadn't found any. I'm writing this from 29xxx, Energy Flavor and working great and I love the big difference between stock 6.5 and this. It's almost like WinMo7 and it gives new life to WinMo and my phone. The Android port is fun, but so buggy as to be nothing more than a sideshow at this point.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Thank you for the reference to Energy ROM. I've be running Mighty ROM for over a year on my Rhodium. I'd looked for other ROM's, since MR stopped all updates 6 months, ago, but I hadn't found any. I'm writing this from 29xxx, Energy Flavor and working great and I love the big difference between stock 6.5 and this. It's almost like WinMo7 and it gives new life to WinMo and my phone. The Android port is fun, but so buggy as to be nothing more than a sideshow at this point.
Yeah, I expect my next phone will be an Android with dual processor, but I like the quad-band in the TP2 and there is no good alternative at Sprint. With the OCing and stability of the Energy ROM 29020 I do not see a problem keeping this phone for a while. This Android on the TP2 has allowed me to test some crucial applications for me and be sure that Android will work for me in the future.

Cheers and welcome to the group.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: PagePlus

XxQuikSh0txX is just getting started

In the XDAndroid version from the website the Screen off key is set to home, and the end key is set to screen off. In this FRx06 both keys are set to screen off/lock, how can I set either the end key or power key to 'home'?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development