PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138784)

arrrghhh 01-30-2011 05:24 PM

Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/30/11 New Kernel (Improved Panel Wake)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassStash (Post 2047850)
Dl'ed the 30th pack n should the files be dated from the 28th?

O....o thanks for pointing that out!

Anyone that downloaded that last pack and has a date of 1/28 on your zImage/modules (after you extract the zip, don't look at the date/time on the zip itself...) need to REDOWNLOAD!!

I apologize, must've closed the window before it finished... It's fixed now tho :D

Date/time should read 1/29, 23:45. Thanks!

rpierce99 01-30-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassStash (Post 2047850)
Dl'ed the 30th pack n should the files be dated from the 28th??

Yea, still 99% panel init for me, friggin awesome. Oh how I long for this panel response on nand....

FROYO X, Tapatalk

Haha that's funny, those date/times are exactly the same as the 1/29 kernel, I think the thread update must not have gone through. So much for my testing, guess I got a run of good luck to get 50%.

MassStash 01-30-2011 05:29 PM

Werd, funsta re DL here in a sec. Also, it's normal behavior for test kernel when panel reinits to go full bright then dim down to set bklight dimness...

FroyoX, Tapatalk

rpierce99 01-30-2011 05:46 PM

Doesn't seem to be any better for me. So far I'm 1 for 5 getting a good wake up, with 1 additional that was woken up for a split second before turning off again.

rpierce99 01-30-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassStash (Post 2047860)
Werd, funsta re DL here in a sec. Also, it's normal behavior for test kernel when panel reinits to go full bright then dim down to set bklight dimness...

FroyoX, Tapatalk

I can't speak to intended behavior, but it is normal in that I see the same thing.

manekineko 01-30-2011 06:00 PM

Are you guys seeing any difference depending on whether you wake from green or wake from orange?

MassStash 01-30-2011 06:02 PM

Back up in reUploaded 30th testKern, and still same great results for me. I wait for green light and everything.

Cool thing with good sleep is better battery life when in sleep, however I'm not usually in friggin sleep! Lol so I'm prayin to the PPC gods that maurice or somthin else breaks with nand, cuz the SD haret bat drain is a tough on to deal with. Worse than NRGz roms haha jkjk I use those roms n I've gotten bat life pretty good. Figure this out, android being just that much more interesting n useful, bat drain is simply going to be more than with winmo because it's not used as much for lack of useful features.... just a funny thought that popped in my head

FroyoX, Tapatalk

rpierce99 01-30-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2047876)
Are you guys seeing any difference depending on whether you wake from green or wake from orange?

Yeah wake from orange for me is instantaneous, wake from green is the only time I have problems.

There does seem to be some improvement in this new version, I do get the occasional wake from green that is nearly instantaneous. Sadly it's just not common enough.

arrrghhh 01-30-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpierce99 (Post 2047878)
Yeah wake from orange for me is instantaneous, wake from green is the only time I have problems.

There does seem to be some improvement in this new version, I do get the occasional wake from green that is nearly instantaneous. Sadly it's just not common enough.

It's weird that we're all experiencing such different panel inits...

But yes the only time the panel is being collapsed is in sleep so waking it from an orange LED doesn't do much good :p.

I'm still not receiving flawless panel inits, and I gave my dmesg logs to WisTilt2, thinking they might be useful. Want to do me a favor and do the same?

The best situation would be a fresh boot, and resolve system_server issue if needed. Then just do a few cycles of nothing but panel wake/collapses. So wait for the LED to turn green, wait a few seconds and wake the screen - see what happens. Do this for 10 cycles, then pull your dmesg and attach it. Maybe there'll be something useful/different from mine.

Heck, MassStash if you want to do the same so we can compare your perfect panel collapse/inits to rpierce99's horrible experience to my more middle-of-the-road experience?

If we can highlight any differences between our dmesg's, perhaps we can figure out how to get everyone back to flawless panel inits :D

rpierce99 01-30-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2047889)
It's weird that we're all experiencing such different panel inits...

But yes the only time the panel is being collapsed is in sleep so waking it from an orange LED doesn't do much good :p.

I'm still not receiving flawless panel inits, and I gave my dmesg logs to WisTilt2, thinking they might be useful. Want to do me a favor and do the same?

The best situation would be a fresh boot, and resolve system_server issue if needed. Then just do a few cycles of nothing but panel wake/collapses. So wait for the LED to turn green, wait a few seconds and wake the screen - see what happens. Do this for 10 cycles, then pull your dmesg and attach it. Maybe there'll be something useful/different from mine.

Heck, MassStash if you want to do the same so we can compare your perfect panel collapse/inits to rpierce99's horrible experience to my more middle-of-the-road experience?

If we can highlight any differences between our dmesg's, perhaps we can figure out how to get everyone back to flawless panel inits :D

Will do, rebooting now.