PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138784)

albumleaf 04-04-2011 11:14 PM

Re: [TESTING] Updated 4/4/11 New Kernel - Minor Fixes...

Weird, 4/2 plays nice with my unsupported builds. No issues whatsoever today despite heavy use! Thanks again arrrghhh.

22stars 04-05-2011 06:58 PM

this is my 3rd day running on the 04/02 kernel (wanted to keep the whole "booting into portrait" thing) and i have no problem whatsoever.

any issues i have had with reboots have been due to HEAVY use and OCing (i believe).

seriously love it, keep up the good work.

dcox2004 04-06-2011 09:44 AM

New kernel seems to be much more stable on my Rhod400. No issues with wake-ups so far, fewer reboots.

Recursion 04-06-2011 02:18 PM

Update: Running 4.2.11 kernel (4.4.11 changes aren't significant). Very stable, good battery life/charging, everything is good so far. ZERO crashes/reboots. I am in Airvana Range most of the time, and nothing screwy. Good Evdo performance.

DAYUM...very sweet kernel. 4.2.11 is excellent.

fishingmedic 04-06-2011 04:46 PM

Running 040211 kernel, no issues at all other than a couple of slow wakes, although the slow is nothing in comparison to prior kernels. Decent batt life, no reboots to either winmo or android. Even fired up the older airave and no issues with that either.

kidwolf908 04-06-2011 08:40 PM

Any way I can find the 4.2.11 kernel to download? I don't see it in the paperclip for the thread and the latest ZIP pack has the 4.4.11 kernel.

ndno 04-06-2011 09:23 PM

I'm back to using FRX06 and this kernel is running great. I'm no longer using a dedicated ext2 partition on the SD card; I see no benefits from my testing using it; it actually feels a little sluggish using a ext2 partition :scratch:. So I'm back using a mount loop for the data.img (better quadrant scores if it means anything) . Like others, I'm still getting the kb lock while typing.

Arrrghhh, I just switched to jonpry's files for the better battery meter patch. He said the kernel is based off wiltist2 latest; however I see a lot more kernel messages on bootup on it than the one you posted here. .. probably not much different if any but just wondering.

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2

Recursion 04-06-2011 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf908 (Post 2080982)
Any way I can find the 4.2.11 kernel to download? I don't see it in the paperclip for the thread and the latest ZIP pack has the 4.4.11 kernel.

Here...

arrrghhh 04-07-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf908 (Post 2080982)

What do you want old kernels for? We're looking forwards, not backwards!

The whole point of testing is to... test. Report back. If you have issues, go back to autobuild kernels. K?

I'd also appreciate it if others did not repost old kernels. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2081024)
I'm back to using FRX06 and this kernel is running great. I'm no longer using a dedicated ext2 partition on the SD card; I see no benefits from my testing using it; it actually feels a little sluggish using a ext2 partition :scratch:. So I'm back using a mount loop for the data.img (better quadrant scores if it means anything) . Like others, I'm still getting the kb lock while typing.

Arrrghhh, I just switched to jonpry's files for the better battery meter patch. He said the kernel is based off wiltist2 latest; however I see a lot more kernel messages on bootup on it than the one you posted here. .. probably not much different if any but just wondering.

Yea the only real benefit of running dedicated ext2 partition seems to be the 'partial' USB mass storage, and I think hyc said the errors are more localized? The fsck errors we get from the data.img that is.

Oh and jonpry means that he has the same battery saving/panel collapse patches WisTilt2 has - it's not necessairly built off of WisTilt2's kernel, it's actually based from the autobuild - again, with some patches ;).

ndno 04-07-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2081287)
Oh and jonpry means that he has the same battery saving/panel collapse patches WisTilt2 has - it's not necessairly built off of WisTilt2's kernel, it's actually based from the autobuild - again, with some patches ;).

Ok. The one posted here seems better in terms of fast wakeup; I get more delayed wakeups with the one he's using.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk