PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138784)

Boominsvx 01-02-2011 05:17 AM

Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

Pretty sure those lights have not been implimented yet. Be patient. :)

tpdjr 01-02-2011 06:36 AM

Kbd lights work perfectly great work wistilt also battery last a lot longer about 15 hours with a modest days use and maybe a bit longer have tested a bunch but you can really notice the improvements on the battery life keep up the great work. thanks again arrgghh for keep us updated

fishingmedic 01-02-2011 11:36 AM

WTF, just keep getting endless boot, bunch of little android dudes spelling android over and over and over and over....lol

ooxteme 01-02-2011 12:02 PM

had that same issue when replacing the modules it wasn't "replacing" it just added. so i had 2 modules. make sure there isnt 2

fishingmedic 01-02-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooxteme (Post 2028417)
had that same issue when replacing the modules it wasn't "replacing" it just added. so i had 2 modules. make sure there isnt 2

Tried it again, made sure no duplicate files, still got all the little dudes spelling android and never freaking stopping!!!

lemeiux1 01-02-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2028434)
Tried it again, made sure no duplicate files, still got all the little dudes spelling android and never freaking stopping!!!

hmm thats strange, just to be sure is this a fresh android install or did you have it up and running already and just replaced the modules and zimage files?

I already had mine running and replaced those files and got some serious flickering when that boot screen came up but it didnt loop, and its only been a few minutes but keyboard backlight works great and I havent had any problems yet initializing the panel

wistilt you are a genious!

fishingmedic 01-02-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 2028440)
hmm thats strange, just to be sure is this a fresh android install or did you have it up and running already and just replaced the modules and zimage files?

I already had mine running and replaced those files and got some serious flickering when that boot screen came up but it didnt loop, and its only been a few minutes but keyboard backlight works great and I havent had any problems yet initializing the panel

wistilt you are a genious!

It's been up and running like a charm, run it almost exclusively to be honest, and all I did was remove the old zimage and modules and drop the new ones into andboot folder. I boot from haret directly, I've tried just about everything I can think of to make this freaking thing work, I'm basically out of thoughts at this point.... WTF.... I'm going to try to revert back to the older zimage and module and see if that works again.

Edit: Did any of you that are using the new kernel make any other changes, i.e. delete data.img, change anything in startup.txt, etc?

Edit 2: Nope, still looping with the old kernel too... something borked in the build. Does anyone have a link to the latest FRX03, or the latest changes or am I better off grabbing Reef's latest FRX03 and working from there? I thought there were additional changes to the Blazn build since then but would really rather not have to search each page of each thread over again for the past 5 months in updates if anyone has the changes or change log links handy.

lemeiux1 01-02-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2028446)
It's been up and running like a charm, run it almost exclusively to be honest, and all I did was remove the old zimage and modules and drop the new ones into andboot folder. I boot from haret directly, I've tried just about everything I can think of to make this freaking thing work, I'm basically out of thoughts at this point.... WTF.... I'm going to try to revert back to the older zimage and module and see if that works again.

Edit: Did any of you that are using the new kernel make any other changes, i.e. delete data.img, change anything in startup.txt, etc?

Edit 2: Nope, still looping with the old kernel too... something borked in the build. Does anyone have a link to the latest FRX03, or the latest changes or am I better off grabbing Reef's latest FRX03 and working from there? I thought there were additional changes to the Blazn build since then but would really rather not have to search each page of each thread over again for the past 5 months in updates if anyone has the changes or change log links handy.

I dont know of any blazn updates in the past few months but im currently using reefs FRX03 from his site and its working great with this new kernel, just make sure not to use the startup utility, that stupid thing would just dump my startup text whenever it felt like it.

but no I havent made any changes to data.img at all, just replaced the files

proxhack 01-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2028446)

You will be better off starting with fresh frx3 from reef's, I was having the same issue until I started all over.

I agree 100% with your comments, I read every update every day, but I can't keep up.
there are too many different treads for different tests which I completely understand, but perhaps there should be a weekly re-cap/all in one build or something to get the latest without screwing up something.

fishingmedic 01-02-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 2028478)
I dont know of any blazn updates in the past few months but im currently using reefs FRX03 from his site and its working great with this new kernel, just make sure not to use the startup utility, that stupid thing would just dump my startup text whenever it felt like it.

but no I havent made any changes to data.img at all, just replaced the files

Quote:

Originally Posted by proxhack (Post 2028479)
You will be better off starting with fresh frx3 from reef's, I was having the same issue until I started all over.

I agree 100% with your comments, I read every update every day but I can't keep up.
too many different treads for different tests which I completely understand but perhaps there should be a weekly re-cap/all in one build or something to get the latest without screwing up something.

Thanks for the confirmations guys, really appreciate it. Looks like it's time to reformat and rebuild this beotch now... Ima have to stop fixing the bathroom to get the phone rebuilt, priorities you know, lol :mrgreen:. Just hope the wifee understands and doesn't have to go potty anytime soon!!! :evil4: