PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138784)

ndno 01-30-2011 06:46 PM

Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/30/11 New Kernel (Improved Panel Wake)

Hit and miss for me, maybe because I'm overclocking at 710Mhz and setting pm.sleep_mode=1 (so I don't get SOD).

30% of the times: Green->Hit Power Button->Orange (see panel BL slightly)->goes back to Green immediately
70% of the times: Green->Hit Power Button->Orange (panel powers up and I see slider screen)->But within a second (sometimes a lot less than a second), goes back to Green (in this case, if I unlock the slider before it goes back to green within that one second, it's OK and I can use my TP2).

However, this kernel goes into power saving mode quick! If the panel goes to sleep, it turns green almost immediately... I guess that's really good for battery life.

rpierce99 01-30-2011 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my dmesg log, I'd say I maybe got 2 successful wake ups in the bunch. While looking over the log I was trying to think about what might be the difference, would selected screen brightness have something to do with it? It seems to set it to everything in between instead of just going straight to the selected number, so maybe the fade effects take too long? Just throwing stuff out there.

EDIT: I upped my screen brightness to 100% with auto turned off and so far it is 4/5 waking up properly.

EDIT: Maybe not, it has since settle back down to maybe 50% success.

manekineko 01-30-2011 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am definitely getting improved panel init on 1/30 kernel.

Orange wake is now instantaneous. Arrghhh, I know you said orange hasn't collapsed the panel yet so it should be instantaneous, but that's not the result I was getting with the last kernel. It was definitely taking time to wake, and sometimes was barely even getting the display up in time.

Green wake is now sometimes coming up in time for me, maybe around 50% or a little less, whereas before I was getting 100% fails. Sometimes the wake is near instantaneousness whereas obviously other times it doesn't get it up at all in time.

arrrghhh 01-30-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2047974)
I am definitely getting improved panel init on 1/30 kernel.

Orange wake is now instantaneous. Arrghhh, I know you said orange hasn't collapsed the panel yet so it should be instantaneous, but that's not the result I was getting with the last kernel. It was definitely taking time to wake, and sometimes was barely even getting the display up in time.

Green wake is now sometimes coming up in time for me, maybe around 50% or a little less, whereas before I was getting 100% fails. Sometimes the wake is near instantaneousness whereas obviously other times it doesn't get it up at all in time.

Didn't realize it would not wake even when the LED was orange... odd. Unless the phone was sleeping previously, I always had instant panel wake from orange LED - but I didn't really check, as I was focusing on wake from full sleep :p.

I'll check out this log, thanks. Hopefully I'll run into WisTilt2 tonight!

MassStash 01-30-2011 11:06 PM

Yea, ill get a dmesg thang thang here asap... but that's prolly why my panel inits well because it takes a while to go green for me like 10-20secs

FroyoX, Tapatalk

So after a human 10 times test, i think my awesome panel init is simply due to my poor sleep and possible no deep sleep. Takes ~24secs to go first time green, then turns orange for 1-2secs every ~13secs.... yea

arrrghhh 01-30-2011 11:45 PM

Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/30/11 New Kernel (100% FIXED Panel Wake)

Hey guys, WisTilt2 just passed on another kernel to me - this one I get 100% wakes within 2 secs, most less. Flawless for me.

So this is what I need you to focus on - panel wake from full sleep (green LED on for a few secs basically) and battery life. Enjoy!

Edit - Sorry guys, had to pull it. I have an updated zImage, but not a full pack with the modules. I'll get it fixed soon...

MassStash 01-31-2011 12:31 AM

check the post above of mine too please, but would progs be messing with my testing of this at all like facebook or something trying to check Internet? i mean set for 4 hrs, but i read someone goin on bout FB messing with no sleep, so ill uninstall now n check

arrrghhh 01-31-2011 11:18 AM

Just realized I didn't edit that last post, first post has been updated with the newest, although it seems like 21 of you already figured that out ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassStash (Post 2048097)
check the post above of mine too please, but would progs be messing with my testing of this at all like facebook or something trying to check Internet? i mean set for 4 hrs, but i read someone goin on bout FB messing with no sleep, so ill uninstall now n check

Apps will definitely mess with sleep, if that's your question. Sync apps need to take the phone out of sleep to check to see if there is new stuff for said app to sync (doesn't matter what app, so long as it sync's).

To rpierce99 ---> new kernel workin better for you in panel wake? I know you were having a lot of panel init issues...

rpierce99 01-31-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2048264)
Just realized I didn't edit that last post, first post has been updated with the newest, although it seems like 21 of you already figured that out ;).

Apps will definitely mess with sleep, if that's your question. Sync apps need to take the phone out of sleep to check to see if there is new stuff for said app to sync (doesn't matter what app, so long as it sync's).

To rpierce99 ---> new kernel workin better for you in panel wake? I know you were having a lot of panel init issues...

I posted in the xda thread, but yes, 6 for 6 successful wakes so far.

arrrghhh 01-31-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpierce99 (Post 2048269)
I posted in the xda thread, but yes, 6 for 6 successful wakes so far.

Haha, I saw that. Refrained from responding since I figured you'd respond here too :p.

Glad to hear it's workin for ya! Hopefully that means we're close to commit for our RHODs, I know a lot of other devices are eagerly awaiting this code to drop for them!