PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt 2/TP2
Carrier: ATT

liveordie56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 12-11: Panel power off and on now working!

hmm, i have been trying this and i feel like i have everything right

tilt2.kb, rootfs.img, modules, and system.ext in an andboot folder in my storage card and then, the nbh in a folder with customRUU.exe. I flash and then it gets to the linux boot screen, after a couple lines go by, the screen fades out and dies and restarts. My battery says 100 percent when i flash back to windows

I have tried multiple module/nbh files and i have formatted my sdcard to fat32, no matter what i'm getting the same problem

anybody know what could be going wrong?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
What I did was keep hitting the end button, slowly... then go to settings, display and check auto backlight control. It works fine for me know.
I agree it is more consistent with autobacklight setting on.

I think my backlight may soon burn out because it still from time to time have a red washed out look like a fluorescent bulb not getting enough power to turn the gas to plasma.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey nate did you ever make the custom rootfs like f22 rootfs where the end key bring up recent apps and the helicoper veiw
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
hey nate did you ever make the custom rootfs like f22 rootfs where the end key bring up recent apps and the helicoper veiw
i agree, i cant get it working....
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Nope, because I haven't had a chance to look at the button codes. F22 didn't post any of the changes he made (that I know of).

In the next rootfs, I am making this change for the 3d testing:

if [ -f /sdcard/gralloc.msm7k.so ];then
mount --bind /sdcard/gralloc.msm7k.so /lib/froyo/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
mount --bind /sdcard/gralloc.msm7k.so /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
elif [ "$WVGA" = "1" ] && [ "$RCSCRIPT" = "froyo" ];then
mount --bind /lib/froyo/hw/gralloc.msm7k_wvga.so /lib/froyo/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
mount --bind /lib/froyo/hw/gralloc.msm7k_wvga.so /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
fi
if [ -f /sdcard/libGLES_qcom.so ];then
mount --bind /sdcard/libGLES_qcom.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so
fi
if [ -f /sdcard/build.prop];then
mount --bind /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop
fi

And, I have added support for all of the rhod100 vairants in the new rootfs. I'm waiting on feedback from those users so I can automate that one as well

Last edited by natemcnutty; 12-15-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alright i have a few questions did you ever make the roots that enabled the screen to stay on while android is starting up and do use the libgles_qcom.so, build.pro and gralloc is it the same as haret?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
alright i have a few questions did you ever make the roots that enabled the screen to stay on while android is starting up and do use the libgles_qcom.so, build.pro and gralloc is it the same as haret?
I did echo 50 >/sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness right when rootfs is mounted.

Then I did the code I posted previously for optionally loading the libgles, build.prop, and gralloc from the sdcard. If you do not have the files on the sdcard, it will default to the original ones.

I think some of the issues people are having with graphical issues might be because I replaced the original files with the 3d testing ones in the last builds. The method I am doing now will be much better. Just waiting on the files to download right now
Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sweetness. you don't think it's faster/better to be running android from a "natively" partitioned ext2 partion on sdcard as upposed to just the fat32 andboot partitioned sdcard? and i'm dumb with the finding of how the hell i get a .kb file, all i see is .kl in the keymapping folder.... trying to get end=home/recent apps|power=power/turn off with the accesibility option to end call with power button....

edit: also, i can test some shtuff on the rhod400 if needed

Last edited by MassStash; 12-15-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
sweetness. you don't think it's faster/better to be running android from a "natively" partitioned ext2 partion on sdcard as upposed to just the fat32 andboot partitioned sdcard? and i'm dumb with the finding of how the hell i get a .kb file, all i see is .kl in the keymapping folder.... trying to get end=home/recent apps|power=power/turn off with the accesibility option to end call with power button....

edit: also, i can test some shtuff on the rhod400 if needed
I don't see a whole lot of performance coming from a file system change at this point. I'd just leave it as FAT32 so you can interface it easier with Windows for copying files back and forth (unless you run Linux).

For the .kb file, you shouldn't need it unless you want to override the automatic keyboard detection. To create one, just open notepad, click File-Save As, change the File Type to All, and save as rhod400.kb.

Also, the new RootFS is uploading to here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/roo...14-42b44e2.img
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

heck yea i'm running ubuntu 10.10. super nasty at that. but yea, trying to get the end buttong to home instead, didnt know i could just make up the file lol werd to the new rootfs dropping dlin now... get back to you on it asap

edit: gettin 404 at the file site brudda....

edit to edit: ahhhhh ha ha ha, "IS uploading"...... damn i'm a jumpy ass nerd haha

Last edited by MassStash; 12-15-2010 at 04:22 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development