PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
People Widget

So when setting up the people widget, is there a way to set up a shortcut that automatically calls someone, and another shortcut that automatically texts the same person?

Say, for example, I set up 2 different people widgets, on 2 different screens. On one screen, I have the people widget full of people and it's set to automatically call them on their mobile phone. On the next screen, I have a people widget with all the same contacts, but it's set to send a text message instead of call.

Is this possible? I can't figure out how to change the default action on 1 of them in the widget without changing it for that contact in all of the widgets.

It would sure be nice if I could have a screen full of contacts that have the default action as a text message, and another screen with the same contacts with the default action being to call them.

I set up 2 different groups- 1 called VIP, and the other called VIP text, but changing the default action of a contact in one of them changes it in the other too.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: People Widget

+, Shortcut, Direct Dial or Direct Message, Select the Contact. Done.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
+, Shortcut, Direct Dial or Direct Message, Select the Contact. Done.
When I do this, it is changing it on the other widget too. Is it not working the way it is supposed to on mine?

Say I have my son as a contact on my "VIP" group, and also on my "VIP Text" group. If I have 2 people widgets set up, how can I make 1 of them text my son, and the other call my son?

When I change one it changes both...

Edit:
I just realized, you are talking about the generic android shortcut. I am talking about the HTC People Widget. The People Widget lets you add a whole group, so you don't have to do everyone 1 at a time. It makes it easier to setup, if it does indeed have the functionality that I am looking for.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 07-12-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

He is a talking about placing a short cut on you screen not using the people widget. Also there isnt away to do what you want with the people widget. Unless you go as far as to setting up a double contact for each contact then use one for call and one for text tada lol. If you are going to go with salty dawgs method I suggest +, shortcut, people then place on screen. This option when you press the person brings up all the options you have for them like text, call or email. The problem is its not as pretty as the widget. Not that the widget is pretty anyway.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

That widget is the first thing I get rid of whenever I flash
Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

I like the people widget but it seems slow and the contacts will dance around sometimes being in different places than when I landed on that screen.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
I like the people widget but it seems slow and the contacts will dance around sometimes being in different places than when I landed on that screen.
i dont have this problem if i use the sense one... it may also be becasue you are syncing your contacts with outlook - i only sync through facebook and google..
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Moved to Android themes cuz you're basically talking about modding something on the home screen that does something
Old 07-22-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

I would suggest doing jared's method, but then placing them in a live folder. that way they take up very little space

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Themes