PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

stratt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [PC] PPCGeeks Android APK & Zip Signer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I'm gonna have to say its because of the apk your trying to sign, I can't be sure of this but I've used it to sign modified htc keyboard apk before. Any way you can attach it for me? Also not sure if you know but if your modifying that file, you can open with 7zip and drag replacement files over into it, and then use without having to sign it. Hope this helps.
~mike
I havent had problems modding any other apk before. I modded the images in the res drawables, like every other apk. Then drag my new res drawable folder into the original apk. But it wont install. The original file installs, but the modded wont. Even tried including it in the rom I am working on, but wont apply that way either. Here is a link to it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.4shared.com/file/DmFWqReV/HTC_IME_hi22.html
Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker

stratt is a n00b

i'm on the droid btw
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratt View Post
I havent had problems modding any other apk before. I modded the images in the res drawables, like every other apk. Then drag my new res drawable folder into the original apk. But it wont install. The original file installs, but the modded wont. Even tried including it in the rom I am working on, but wont apply that way either. Here is a link to it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.4shared.com/file/DmFWqReV/HTC_IME_hi22.html
I can't get it to work either, what I would do is open the apk in 7zip, don't extract and drag and drop your replacement files into it. This way you don't have to sign it. I'm not sure what your customizing, but check out Gimpsta's Online Keyboard Maker. Hope this helps.
~mike

PS Hope you release your ROM here too.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Lurker

stratt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I can't get it to work either, what I would do is open the apk in 7zip, don't extract and drag and drop your replacement files into it. This way you don't have to sign it. I'm not sure what your customizing, but check out Gimpsta's Online Keyboard Maker. Hope this helps.
~mike

PS Hope you release your ROM here too.
Thanks man. That is the keyboard i am trying to customize (even more). The keyboard has other green images, but i need them blue lol. here are some screens of rom so far.

This is my theme of our teams rom (Team DC). The rom is called Succulent Desire 7. My theme is called Atlantis Blue 3.0. I may just included the Gimpsta one and foget modding more.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At first I was, oh cool a Singing Android..
Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S i9000, htc tp2
Carrier: play

davidof is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratt View Post
Thank you. Here's my screen. Just seems to be a generic error.

i have the same problem with zip moded files, help
Old 02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidof View Post
I'm getting the same error from my new 64bit laptop, but works just fine on the same file on XP......I'll send Wideawake a msg.

*EDIT* I tried signing again days later & it worked fine.....odd

Last edited by OMJ; 03-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidof View Post
This is known about theme'd files, you cannot sign them even with command line. They must be opened with 7zip as not to break the signature and edited that way, then close and flash.

Now that being said you shouldn't have any issues signing ROM files. But am working with OMJ to investigate.
~Mike
Old 10-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S II
Carrier: Tim

RizDroid is a n00b

I figured out the prob about the message "The System cannot find the file specified": it's because Java isn't in DOS Path.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nothing
Carrier: T mobile

mahanddeem is a n00b

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Tags
android signer, ppcgeeks signer, sign apk, sign zip