PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
[PC] PPCGeeks Android APK & Zip Signer

Alright so, I'm working on some android development projects and this tool came as like a POC/Test application. It turned at well tho, so I decided to package it and share with other android developers that may want. The application itself is very simple and only signs APKs and Zip files for android devices. I would like to also give a big thanks to user Stericson @ XDA for the testsign.jar file used in signing APKs and Zips. From my research he is the one who created/shared this file with everyone. Hope this helps some folks with the signing process.
~Mike

Prerequisite:
1. Download and install the Java Runtime if you do not already have installed.
2. Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 if you do not already have this installed or higher version.
3. Download and install the latest PPCGeeks Android Signer application attached to this post.

Once we have finished all the above, its really simple to get started!

Instructions:
1. Run the AndroidSigner application by clicking the shortcut installed on the desktop. This will bring up the application and look like the screenshot below.

2. Drag and drop any android APK or Zip file over onto the box, then click sign. It will produce a file with "-signed" added onto the end in the folder that the original file is located as pictured below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AndroidSigner.zip (243.5 KB, 5686 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 34 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: [PC] PPCGeeks Android APK & Zip Signer

thanks for the app, should be useful!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hope it works well for ya!
~mike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

awesome.. many thanks wideawake.. this will come in handy..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
awesome.. many thanks wideawake.. this will come in handy..
No problem!
~mike
Old 07-17-2010, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Works great. Thanks man.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

stratt is a n00b

Thank you for the program. However, when I drop the apk in the program and hit sign, i get an error that says it cant find the specified file. Where do I need to have the file located in order for the program to find it?
Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratt View Post
Thank you for the program. However, when I drop the apk in the program and hit sign, i get an error that says it cant find the specified file. Where do I need to have the file located in order for the program to find it?
It should be able to sign it no matter where its located. That shouldn't make a difference, can you take a screenshot of the error and post here?
~mike
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

stratt is a n00b

Thank you. Here's my screen. Just seems to be a generic error.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

I'm gonna have to say its because of the apk your trying to sign, I can't be sure of this but I've used it to sign modified htc keyboard apk before. Any way you can attach it for me? Also not sure if you know but if your modifying that file, you can open with 7zip and drag replacement files over into it, and then use without having to sign it. Hope this helps.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Tags
android signer, ppcgeeks signer, sign apk, sign zip