PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82
Fruit Ninja on EVO 4G (Tips, Problems, Help)

So, I'm doing everything I can to beat my high score of 692 on Fruit Ninja Arcade Mode. I average about 500+, but keep coming up around 650 - 675.

I know that the trick is to keep Blitz going, do combos, and hope for bananas to rack up big bonuses. Although, I'm running into some problems preventing me from higher scores:
  • I am consistently swiping across fruit, but the game isn't accepting it as struck. Sometimes, I can see the blade animation on top of a fruit, but it doesn't slice. Other times, I do a straight continuous swipe and it only gives me 1x points and not a combo.
  • I can't find any information about what is required to keep blitz going. Sometimes I'll have it and keep doing combos and it just dies off. Sometimes I'll have it going and it'll just stop giving me fruit.
  • Some games, I get a bomb in pretty much every toss.

I actually wonder if this game is harder on the EVO because of it's big screen... Big screen means longer swipes. The EVO is also more widescreen aspect ratio than say, the iOS version.

If anyone has any pointers or info, let me know!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Fruit Ninja on EVO 4G (Tips, Problems, Help)

Since your high score smokes my high score, I think I am going to sit back and see what others have to say...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

I've been focusing on keeping blitz going for an entire game. The trouble is that I'm not given the opportunity to. Even if I reach Unbelievable Blitz, at some point, fruit will stop coming and I will just get a bunch of bombs. For one particular game, I had Unbelievable Blitz going for something like 4 times, and then fruit stopped. I got maybe 1 or 2 at a time with bombs. This happened with about 20 seconds left.

My latest high score is 716.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

entyce is a n00b

Damn that's crazy my highest score is 584 and i haven't even come close to that since i hit it. But i haven't had any issues of my swipes not being recognized. Do you have some time of screen protector on it??
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

entyce is a n00b

Damn that's crazy. My highest score is 584 and i haven't even come close to that since i hit it. I cant say that i've had any issues with my swipes not being recognized. Do you have a screen protector on your phone?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by entyce View Post
Damn that's crazy. My highest score is 584 and i haven't even come close to that since i hit it. I cant say that i've had any issues with my swipes not being recognized. Do you have a screen protector on your phone?
I do have a ZAGG Invisible Shield, but I don't think that's the problem. I can see the sword graphics pass over a fruit and not slice it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

telsea is just getting started

Good luck! I'm trying to beat my current high score - 634.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: compaq
Carrier: at&t

PrivateprawR is a n00b

Good job!! I had the same problem until a couple days ago.. i just beat my high score and now its at 858 i was stuck at 6 something forevvvver!! lol but i did it with all the combos at the same time.. i just got really lucky!! i am absolutely addicted to the game though and play like 24/7 almost lol add me (: --> PrivateprawR
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung vibrant
Carrier: T mobile

ogthesamurai is a n00b

My high score is 659. I've only got close to that a few times. All the little issues you mention are ones I experience ones I experience too. Fruit doesn't always cut, and I get totally disappointing tosses at the worst times ! It's a little frustrating. I think it's just random though. Like I dont believe there are predictable strategies for controlling the tosses you get.
Is there any place at all that has a basic help file on the game? I can't fine anything. Is it unusual for games to be released with such minimal instructions? Its kind of lame.....being addicted to a game....that you want to..you know, get to know better...but.

Heh oh well. I still dig all the fruit slicing games. All four or give of them. I like the speed of fruit ninja the best I think though.

Og
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung vibrant
Carrier: T mobile

ogthesamurai is a n00b

I forgot to mention that I think you get the best chopping consistency with fast violent like swipes. Like a real sword. Also whats your high in zen mode? I tink mine is 276. I'm not sure how to improve on it.
Og

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games