PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: verizon

timsmooth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT audio from win mo for Andorid

Is there an app like bt audio on win mo for android? I know that Android supports the a2dp in the music app, but that is not what I am looking for. a2dp does not stream all the audio produced by the phone to a mono bluetooth headset, and bt audio does. For instance I am trying to listen to Sprint TV through my mono bluetooth headset. I am not realy big on quality I just would like it to be audible. I would be willing to donate a few bucks for the creation of said app if it does not already exist thanks. Im running 2.1 update rooted thanks.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: BT audio from win mo for Andorid

+1... Would love to see a work around for this like we had in WinMo... I've search and tested my butt off to find no workable solution...
Old 06-13-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Hmm well I'd like to be able to hear my text messages read to me through my bluetooth like they were in Voice Command of my TP2. I tried an app called Tell2Me from the Market but it didn't do that even though it said it would
Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Andriod version 2.2 will fix most of that. FRoyo I think , it will be some time unless you root.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

2.2 is still no go. I have a friend with Froyo and he says he has to make a call to hear any media come out the BT headset.

Anybody know the dev for BT audio for win mo? Maybe he is fluent in the ADk.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!

NJ2toU is a n00b

From what I understand, the problem in developing an app is that BT is a proprietary thing. With winmo, you can pay a license fee to develop an app, but because of the open nature of android, the code would be out there for all to see and there's no way to license it.

I too was looking for just such an app, as I had it on my Touch Pro and loved it. I used it mainly for listening to navigation instructions, as it was virtually impossible to hear them through my TP's crappy speaker.

I think I found this answer/reason on the android forums site.

Soooo... I went and ordered a stereo BT headset, begrudging, mind you. G

Got a Motorola S9-HD for 39.99 plus shipping and tax. Came to $50. At N1wireless.com Hope I like it.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, Stereo BT Headsets work perfectly... I have 2 and are now the only one I use because of this...

Here are the 2 I have:
Plantronics Voyager 855... These can you used as a Mono or Stereo and work in both modes to hear all phone sounds through BT (Music, Navigation, etc...) Highly recommended if you're looking for a mono BT to work...

Jarba Halo... These are headphone style... Great sound quality though...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: the mighty EVO

Fabulas is a n00b

I can attest to the great sound quality of the Jabra Halo!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

So does it work for the GPS? Will it work for YouTube or any other apps. I have thought about buying a stereo BT actually the Halo is the one I was looking at, but I could care less about the music. I want to hear everything else. Screw the music I want all my sound. If stereo works I will get one so please post your findings in regards to the Jabra stereo headset. peace.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
So does it work for the GPS? Will it work for YouTube or any other apps. I have thought about buying a stereo BT actually the Halo is the one I was looking at, but I could care less about the music. I want to hear everything else. Screw the music I want all my sound. If stereo works I will get one so please post your findings in regards to the Jabra stereo headset. peace.
Yes, stereo works!!! Read above where I posted and mentioned the Halo specifically... I believe ant Stereo BT Headset will capture just about all the phone sounds: whether GPS, Music, Reminders, etc...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Tags
android 2.1, audio, blutooth, headset, sound