View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2/SPRINT Days are Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsturniolo View Post
I know it would hurt to spend money on a replacement, but considering all you've been through it might be worth it to check out ebay. Just there, and they've got a few worth looking at: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Black Sprint Smartphone | eBay
@fsturniolo

Thanks man. Yeah, I had looked at that option early on after the second replacement but being a full time grad student and living off my wife's income put the brakes on for that. Plus, I'll more than likely be getting someone elses headache as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my TP2 on ebay - which is one of the reasons I want one that works as close to perfect as possible - after I leave sprint.

It's become more or less a matter of principle now in that Sprint has apparently lowered their standards on their replacement phones and IMHO are doing anything they can to get people to switch from the "older" (and significantly less expensive) unlimited plans to the newer, much more expensive plans. I pay my monthly TEP fee which is supposed to cover me for repair or replacement, yet every replacement they send is worse than the previous one. And, they keep assuring me that I will get a "perfect phone" that I will be happy with. Well, they are no 0/7 so the odds are in favor that the next one is going to be a POS as well.

To add to that, every level of customer support that I've been through has told me that in order to get a newer phone, I must switch to a newer unlimited plan. I disagree. I'm on an unlimited plan and I'm in an area that does not have 4G, so why pay? I've told them that I'm willing to pay the $10.00 premium data, but not the $70.00+ more per month that it will cost just to have the SAME service I have now. Its corporate bullying and greed at its best. They'll do anything to drag you in but very little to keep you - like dropping the Sprint Premier and increasing upgrade activations by 100%

At this point my ETF's for my 4 phones are still close to 300.00 (prorated) so I have to unwillingly stick it out a bit more.

Its really frustrating because all I've asked them for is a phone that works as its supposed, is reliable, and meets the "100% satisfied" that I've been told so many times.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel a little better now....

David