View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM
kjhadfield
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[9-23-10]★SharkieROM v1.3★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
As far as I know flashing a GSM ROM on a CDMA phone brick your phone. It just won't boot, and you have to power up in bootloader to flash a CDMA ROM. Radios on the other hand are Brick City. If you flash a GSM radio onto a CDMA phone (or vice versa) you'll brick the phone every time.

It's still not good to flash the wrong ROM, but just wanted to clarify it a little.
im not positive but my guess is he is on sprint w/ a sprint tp2 but he unlocked it to use at&t sim card?

Quote:
@Sharkie - I haven't had a chance to add that reg string yet for the animated boot screen. I'll try and play around with it later this afternoon.
right on let me know what you find, if i get a chance i'll do the same

your right as in the "hklm\SOFTWARE\HTC\htcanimation" is not there but i did see this "hklm\SOFTWARE\HTC\StartupAnimation" but inside there was no value and im not sure how to go bout it. should i name value "StartupGif" but where would i enter the file path. its been awhile since i looked into messing round w/ the reg. and i kinda forget

edit: ok i tried this w/out any luck

Quote:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\StartupAnimation
added new string value name "StartupGif" and the contents of this value entered "\Windows\animated.gif" i put a "animated.gif" into the windows folder then soft reset and no gif on boot still

edit: i also tried renaming the "StartupAnimation" folder to "HTCAnimation" and still no luck (didnt know how to make new folder so thats why i renamed it)

edit (agian): i found this and will try adding all these values here well i tried that and no luck

Last edited by kjhadfield; 10-06-2010 at 08:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.