View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
gadget1
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Startup and Shutdown animations

OK, I done a bit of searching around. I never found exactly what I was looking for but I found insrtructions for changing the screen on a Sprint Touch Pro.
From looking at this I am guessing that the file names are different on the Sprint phones.

AGAIN...
Thes instructions are for a Touch Pro not a Touch Pro 2.

I am just posting them so that anyone that has a Sprint TP2 may be able to help figure this out.
Look in your Windows folder for a file name similar, maybe:
"Startup_800x480.gif" or something similar.

Or, if you have a registry editor look in the key mentioned above and see if you can find the file name in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
There are 2 ways to do it.

1. just rename the file to "Startup_640x480.gif" and drop into the Windows folder on your device. Then restart it. You will lose the original file though.

2. the second option is to modify your registry to point to the new file.

here is the registry location where you indicate the file you wanna use.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation]
"GifSpeed"=dword:00000040
"ShutDownWav"=""
"ShutDownGif"="\\Windows\\animated_HTC.gif"
"ShutDownAsStartup"=dword:00000000
"StartupWav"=""
"StartupGif"="\\Windows\\Startup_640x480.gif"

Change "StartupGif"="\\Windows\\Startup_640x480.gif" to the path of the file you wanna use. Save your changes and reboot your device.

Ok, I recommend you use method #1. Just make sure you backup your original .gif file before dropping the newly renamed file into your Windows folder.