View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Has anyone noticed when u dont change the pagepool & get the "out of memory" message on opera, Internet Explorer still opens even when ur low on program memory... Im done w/ Opera just for that LOL plus IE has given me faster speeds when loadin pages also
IMO: IE doesn't do flash well on a few of my main web sites I use, Opera has been better. Plus, just loading the pages I goto, Opera comes up first.. (is partially usable first) most of the time for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
It looks like NRG is sneaking in new ROMs...
September 4th, 201024631 Build ... Fast !
  • Improved virtual memory management, default pagepool changed for ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Can someone confirm that this ROM is "tethering safe"
A search of this thread shows several people asking the question, but nobody giving a definitive answer
Thanks
I see no reason why this ROM would be different than the last 30 of his I burned! YES, that's ALL I do :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Maybe, but then when that ROM is up you'll be wondering if there will be a new one soon. He updates so often that you're either going to flash every three days or so, or sit some out.
LOL!! Don't know what your talking about I'm flashing tomorrows ROM today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
anybody?
Re: rj's issue. If you've floated your Q by us a couple times.. and no answer, probably not. To be honest... what ROM are you on? Start using your current ROM's 3 backup tools save to SDcard: Start (winkey), tools, PIM backup(then restore), Settings export (then import all), home screen: menu, cookie home tab editor, menu (again), export/import settings. And read the 1st page of this ROM series (post 4 i think) entirely about using UC (to back up & restore)... UC.net is supposed to be even better... ALL ARE FREE. If you have any issues with restores avoid registry restores..

Point being, by the time I dink around worrying about a fix, a new ROM is out & a fresh task 29, flash & (possibly need a new sd card or reformat) & you're problems are usually solved! Solution? Reflash... sorry man, didn't see an answer so I thought I'd provide you with my usual solution. If it's in a second ROM, EVERYONE will be talking about it... if you're the only one.. follow the normal tips, see davetn sig line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customervalued View Post
Anyone else having problems tethering on 21914 sept 4 gtx edition. Internet sharing shows status as disconnected and pc connection as usb but greyed out. Tried connecting, disconnecting the usb cable and no luck. Wifi router works but eats too much juice. Btw this is the best looking Rom Ive seen in a while. I have been reluctant to switch from Mighty, but this is certainly a sweet rom. I task29 prior to install and cleared storage, and no luck.
Wifi doesn’t much suck battery anymore… use fieldtrial.exe (windows directory) to find the lowest dbm (-60ish is awesome -90ish bad, closest to zero best), move your phone around the house & windows turning 90, 180, 270 degrees & see where the lowest dbm is. If you get anywhere close to the one in my sig, you’re probably sitting on a tower… (which I got sitting at my home office on the lake). 1 foot & 90 degrees can make a massive difference in signal strength. I find at the bottom of the window sitting on it’s left side (vol buttons) gives the best… (for me). I go from high 70’s to low 50’s within a 1 foot area! Move your phone to different areas around the room, try different rooms, windows, etc..

Then, install this cab:
[IMG] Wi-Fi on in Standby.cab from here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489

I plug the phone into ac charger, but you don’t need to.. simply shut the screen off with top button & rock on. I do over 3M speed tests & up to 300K DL’s (avg around 250K). Can run normal internet use on wifi for 6 hours straight on battery.

Last edited by teradog; 09-04-2010 at 03:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.