PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 07/10/2009

I have Sprint and the only time it did not work is when everyone went down and we needed the fix. I have changed nothing on settings.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I have Sprint and the only time it did not work is when everyone went down and we needed the fix. I have changed nothing on settings.
Just for kicks, I've attached a screenshot of my connection settings to compare against. Make sure there is nothing in your Proxy Settings - they should be empty.

My suggestion at this point is to uninstall, delete everything from the data folder, then reinstall WeatherPanel. Obviously it was working before, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ConnectionSettings.jpg (47.1 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Orange

racing57 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
The most common cause (that I know of) is an internet proxy on your cell carrier's network.

What are your connection settings in WeatherPanel, and who is your carrier?

hi Stoyr, i am on orange uk, and my settings are update interval 1hr, auto update checked, establish connection checked, disable versions unchecked, gps port disabled... ??

Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

I have weather panel installed on my Mogul (stock ROM) and it has worked before Radar images and all. I have the latest version as well as the latest.dll for it, but for the life of me, I keep getting old Radar images from 5/12/09. I have erased all the data and reinstalled careful to select no on erasing files and settings. Several soft resets has not helped. I don't know what else to think of. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Have you checked to see if the links to the radar images have changed? Normally that is the case with images.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

I found a way to make Weatherpanel update sooner then 30 mins. I have mine set to update every 15 min. It's a reg. mod. Anyone interested?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
I have weather panel installed on my Mogul (stock ROM) and it has worked before Radar images and all. I have the latest version as well as the latest.dll for it, but for the life of me, I keep getting old Radar images from 5/12/09. I have erased all the data and reinstalled careful to select no on erasing files and settings. Several soft resets has not helped. I don't know what else to think of. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!
Try uninstalling what you have and installing the original cab, found in first post. There is no need for the modified .dll anymore, original works again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I found a way to make Weatherpanel update sooner then 30 mins. I have mine set to update every 15 min. It's a reg. mod. Anyone interested?
I use that same reg edit to get mine at 15 as well, but Ive never paid attention to see if it worked or not. You should post it to get some thanks out of it, I am sure peeps are interested, although its a fairly easy find in the marsware key.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so whats the reg edit?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nevermind I found it. Go to HKCU\Software\Marsware\WeatherPanel\updateMinutes and then change to 15 i guess.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Nevermind I found it. Go to HKCU\Software\Marsware\WeatherPanel\updateMinutes and then change to 15 i guess.

You are exactly right...I never shared this idea because like I said before I never paid attention to see if it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
weatherpanel