PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update!!BING Mobile now available!!

That being said and me being an idiot...here is the updated BING CAB file from XDA. The OP is in my last post...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Bing.cab (1.61 MB, 93 views) Click for barcode!

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm glad automatic GPS location works now but I think the new GUI is slower and clunkier than the old GUI. There used to be more categories right on the home screen before but now it's an extra tap to get to them. When I pick a category, the program seems slow and unresponsive. When I browse movies, the movies are not listed alphabetically and scrolling is choppy. Same thing with other categories. Basically this is a downgrade in every way. I'd rather type in a zip code or manually check GPS location in the old version than deal with this sluggishness. It's even slow to close the program.

The maps are better, but I already have Google Maps.

Last edited by aldamon; 12-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah the scrolling is horrible and choppy....i don't see a way to change the home screen background either. The app was good before im not sure where they want to head with this but im glad it only a Beta
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Does this new version add their new street view?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i guess i will try it even tho i've heard lots of things are removed. i also heard the new googlemaps is messed up.

anyone have the latest bing before this beta in case i want to revert back?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

gps working for anyone? tells me "Could not process your GPS request. Please try again" google maps works fine
Old 12-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i guess i will try it even tho i've heard lots of things are removed. i also heard the new googlemaps is messed up.

anyone have the latest bing before this beta in case i want to revert back?
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: cab BingWM6.cab (1.35 MB, 92 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:27 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I just want something that shows me gas prices in certain areas. Is this still the best program that does that?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:30 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Is this an update or am i doing something wrong....i dont see anything added to this and my old phone tmobile wing had this already install in the phone.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I downloaded and installed the new version that is said to be for 6.1 and 6.5 to my vogue. I think that Microsoft is being sneaky with this app. I think that they have included a script that runs intermitantly that checks to see what device the app is installed on. That way they can make this new version unusable on older devices like the vogue. I guess they are doing this to push people to get newer devices. I say this because I installed the app ok and opened it up several times trying different parts of the app and everything I tried worked. That is until after what seemed like various amounts of time, a popup would appear and say something like "It appears this application is not supported for your device, please install the Windows Mobile 6 version." The thing is, every time I opened the app everything I tried worked until this popup came up! I even opened up the map part and I got a gps lock in less than 5 seconds! I think they are screwing with us! I hope someone figures out how to get around this. BS!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software