PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Marsware WeatherPanel + Custom Skins

UPDATE: 8/20/07

Please go to THIS POST for downloading WeatherPanel.

There has been a problem with Authorization on the server for WP and this will fix it.

You can follow the rest of this thread after the installation though!

Thanks,

Mal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, below I'm attaching the "latest" version of Marsware Weatherpanel (v2.5.1), a highly skinable weather application/today screen plugin.

Note, the original author of the program has been MIA for 1+ year, so the software is pretty much "free" now.

This version I am posting works for BOTH the 6700 and the 700wx!

Below this post will be 2 of my "custom" skins that are extremely minimal. If you want those big fancy ones, you can get them at here:
http://www.marsware.net/WeatherPanel/skins.htm and other places.

Copy all "themes" to \Program Files\Marsware\Themes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for additional "must have" add ons for WP see:

One-Handed Navigation Plugin (by StoryR)

2007 Moon Phases Fix (by StoryR)

NEW/Better Icons for Moon Phases! (by StoryR)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See attachment for main WP file. (thanks to Codyppc for getting me the file)

Last edited by Malatesta; 09-04-2007 at 05:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Malatesta Custom Skin #1 and #2: Very Minimal

Okay, this is bare.

#1 Malatesta-Simple.wpl
Single line. Current Temperature. Chance of Rain.

Nothing else!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2 Malatesta-IconDate.wpl
The second one is TWO lines.
L1: Full date line
L2: "Real Feel" Temperature, Chance of Rain and Humidity. + ICON

Extract to \Program Files\marsware\themes
Attached Files
File Type: zip malatesta_skin_195.zip (714 Bytes, 439 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: at&t

EnJaNir is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to EnJaNir Send a message via Yahoo to EnJaNir
Curiously, what if it were to snow?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJaNir
Curiously, what if it were to snow?
Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the "icon"?

They change for snow and ALL weather. Here are the "default" icons:

And here is what I'm using now (Umicons) for snow:

Here are ALL of the default icons found here.

And my "new" icons (not shown in my pic above) are here.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Threadstarter

Even *more* simple!

btw, if people want to make my theme or any others even more "simple", you can do this:

Open any .wpl file (the theme file) and delete the following:

;SETTINGS

This deletes the little yellow "weatherpanel" icon to the extreme left to get to the settings/configuration.

Now, you may ask How do I get back to my settings?

You'll have to go to your Today settings for the Plugins and hit "Options" when highlighting the WP listing.

In other words, this is good once you have your WP setup and are not planning on making changes frequently. Personally, I like this look the best.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
i like weatherpanel, especially since i am a meteorologist, but i can not get it to work right with my 6700. its has a lot of cool features that sbsh and spb don't have. it'll usually work for a hour or so and then i have to do a hard reset because it freeze up my phone.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
has anyone tried the windows black vista skins? it looks really cool with weatherpanel. i had it working for a little while until i had to hard reset my 6700.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta City Theme

Okay, upon request (and NO, I am not taking requests! This is an excpetion b/c I wanted it too! )

Here is my Malatesta 2 Theme modified:

Malatesta City

New

- Removed Settings Icon (you'll have to set it through Today --> WP --> Options!) Sorry, had to save space somehow! Remember you can deactivate cities and set their rotation time all under your settings/advanced.

- Added "City" label/function

- Shrunk down and aligned font to fit everything

- Temperature is actually "Real Feel" temp

Just create a folder under Themes (call it whatever) and put the .wpl file into it, then select under your Themes option.

Note: Due to limited space, I suggest you keep your City names short e.g. I use NYC for New York, NY and Home for...well home! So keep it short to make sure it all fits on the 2nd line.

Attached Files
File Type: zip malatesta_city_563.zip (315 Bytes, 237 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Nice!!! Thanks as usual for making it public!

BTW, now that you are taking requests would you make a theme that... Hehehe just kidding!!! :P
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Nice!!! Thanks as usual for making it public!

BTW, now that you are taking requests would you make a theme that... Hehehe just kidding!!! :P

I'm done! I have everything the way I want! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software