PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[APP]Battery Recalibration- Mobile Battery Discharger=Better battery life!!!!

What is Battery Recalibration and Why Would You Need It?

Lithium-Ion batteries (most probably the one in your device) sport a battery level meter, like an electronic "fuel gauge" or State Of Charge meter which is responsible for reading the amount of charge your device’s battery holds at a certain point. Windows Mobile uses the information from those readings to display remaining battery level on your device.

Many of you might have been in the situation (I know I have been) when your device notifies you of low battery but after soft reset, you power meter will show 20-30% left, or simply (and this happened to me several times) it will indicate a full charge when actual battery level is indicated at around 90%, but not 100%. You know you need to “recalibrate your battery” when anything like this happens.

Here’s the deal: even though it is not recommended to fully discharge Li-Ion batteries (as opposed to NiCd batteries), it is advised to do this around every 30-40th cycle (that is approximately 30-40 days or so for most people) in order to recalibrate the metering system on your battery. The principle is simple: you need to drain your battery completely so that the meter would acknowledge a close to 0% and start counting from there. Repeated everyday charging will get this slightly out of accuracy.

The bottom line: completely drain your battery around every 30-40th cycle and do a full recharge with the supplied wall charger while having the device powered off. Keep it charging until you see the fully charged LED notification. You’ve recalibrated your battery and contributed to its longer, healthier life.

Mobadi is a little application to discharge and monitor your internal battery. It will support only different HTC Devices and the Sony Ericsson X1i (Xperia), but Versions for non-HTC Devices are comming up soon. The downloadable Version will run on VGA and non-VGA Devices. On older devices like the Trinity, the Bettery-Percentage are 5% or 10%-Steps. So the Diagram are not so detailed like on the Touch-Versions.

Caution:
At the Update from 1.9.518 to 1.9.519 you must uninstall the older Version first. Because of an wrong Name in the old Version, it will not update automatically. For the next Updates you dont have to do this.
In some test, Mobadi have increased the used mAh up to 370%! So the Bettery will discharge faster.

Xda thread for Mobadi:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516458
Attached Files
File Type: cab Mobadi_1_9_519_AllDevices.CAB (736.9 KB, 848 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 05-26-2009 at 12:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker

chinmaya is a n00b
Re: [APP]Battery Recalibration- Mobile Battery Discharger=Better battery life!!!!

thanx ))))
Old 06-14-2009, 05:14 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: [APP]Battery Recalibration- Mobile Battery Discharger=Better battery life!!!!

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

nice write up, although I just use the nuebattery disable flight mode, so I can simply use my phone until it's completely dead, of course I also have a 2nd battery.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

interesting...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i like the battery conditioners but cant find anymore... i had one for a nokia.... it would discharge thrn charge
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Thanks for the app!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Beautiful app! I can't wait for other versions because I am interested in trying this out on my Omnia. I will definitely check back for updates. THANKS!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started

if discharging lion is bad. then why do it at all? the overall life wont be better if you discharge every month as its bad for your battery right?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:29 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it's the old multi cell lithiums that shouldn't be fully draind, cuz one cell may go too low and never come back. the newer ones don't have that issue. also this recommendation floats around because lion has a limited number of charges, but I ask you what's the point of wearing out the top half and never touching the bottom... so after a few months or a year you only have 1/2 compacity..... I think not.

I prefer just actually using my phone until dead (0%)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software