PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

What exactly do you have in yours that is not in the official PPCK files? And why download from you and not from the official servers?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i second this question...?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

third!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I mean its a specific build and all that comes with it...how can it have "newer contents" in it? There's a reason we release them that way. All the apps that arent up-to-date like MyPhone, Bing and Marketplace have been taken care of already so...
And why not just post them here, why on ppckitchen too?

Last edited by justpctech; 01-20-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Metro PCS

greatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you guys ever think about maybe because I feel like it? I find it neat to be able to port new builds into the new PPCk and its something to do when I am bored. Also with the exception of 23518 and 21889 I recently have been getting the builds done first yet never receive any credit when the builds are released as official PPCk builds. I include updates in the files as well as to the option.xml's. More packages are included and selectable than the official PPCk builds. I realize that you may have the packages available as a seperate option in the PPCkitchenCommon.rar and in the Addition.rar so that when updates are available all you have to do is "push" a new .rar through that can be used in all the builds. Even with the way I have my builds set up you can always unselect say in the future an older Myphone and choose the updated one from PPCk's updates. But having it my way enables users to use older versions say if they do not like a newer one or have troubles with it. I post them in both forums just to be a thorn in your side JustPCtech.. Actually if you check this thread a little I am not the only one who posts their builds in both forums. Best believe that when new builds come out I am going to be right there instantly testing it and porting it over and still posting it on both forums.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy320 View Post
Also with the exception of 23518 and 21889 I recently have been getting the builds done first yet never receive any credit when the builds are released as official PPCk builds. I post them in both forums just to be a thorn in your side JustPCtech.. Actually if you check this thread a little I am not the only one who posts their builds in both forums. Best believe that when new builds come out I am going to be right there instantly testing it and porting it over and still posting it on both forums.
Hey man, no need to get all bent here. People other that me were just asking what was better- so you've answered them now.
As far as getting no credit when PPCK releases a build that you have done first...those guys do our builds themselves...they DON'T use yours so wheres the credit due you coming from? And hey, it was ME created the new section for your "releases" now on PPCKitchen forum after discussing it with the other guys so...have at it dude! Post them new sys' as soon as you can man...get all that recognition you are looking for! Just remember, it's YOUR SYS....YOU support it.

Last edited by justpctech; 01-20-2010 at 03:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy320 View Post
Did you guys ever think about maybe because I feel like it? I find it neat to be able to port new builds into the new PPCk and its something to do when I am bored. Also with the exception of 23518 and 21889 I recently have been getting the builds done first yet never receive any credit when the builds are released as official PPCk builds. I include updates in the files as well as to the option.xml's. More packages are included and selectable than the official PPCk builds. I realize that you may have the packages available as a seperate option in the PPCkitchenCommon.rar and in the Addition.rar so that when updates are available all you have to do is "push" a new .rar through that can be used in all the builds. Even with the way I have my builds set up you can always unselect say in the future an older Myphone and choose the updated one from PPCk's updates. But having it my way enables users to use older versions say if they do not like a newer one or have troubles with it. I post them in both forums just to be a thorn in your side JustPCtech.. Actually if you check this thread a little I am not the only one who posts their builds in both forums. Best believe that when new builds come out I am going to be right there instantly testing it and porting it over and still posting it on both forums.
I say keep it up, you're doing a friggin good job. rock on my friend, rock on
Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

I say let's get back on Track...

So... When is a new build coming out?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
I say let's get back on Track...

So... When is a new build coming out?
I wanted to know the same thing too, but I guess we have no choice but to wait until the godz blesses us with updated builds
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Where is 6.5.6 ? 23518 is 6.5.5 (I'm running it on my Titan).

As for now....Has anyone tried Greatguy's 23518 ? I'm using the PPCk version and it's got some slowdown issues (gets slugish time to time) just wondering if anyone notice a perfomance boost with his ?

Thanks Guy !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software