PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Metro PCS

greatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
greatguy320, I'm sure you have checked allready, but the BuildOS_config.txt and RecModCommonFiles.txt, need that curser flashing just below the S and the \, respectivly.

I use Norton Ghost 14. It does offsite backup and runs outside the OS.
Hope things work out for you.
Whats up with you and the flashing cursor thing lol.. I didnt edit any of those text files so they should be perfectly fine. Thanks for trying to help though.

On another note, I dare you to use the updater and you will see the BuildOS files and PPCkitchen files with Grey Checkboxes that make you download them. Download just those and update and then try building a rom. I am willing to bet you encounter the same New Errors as I do. Be thankful that you use Norton Ghost afterwards and hopefully you can get back up and running.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy320 View Post
Whats up with you and the flashing cursor thing lol.. I didnt edit any of those text files so they should be perfectly fine. Thanks for trying to help though.

On another note, I dare you to use the updater and you will see the BuildOS files and PPCkitchen files with Grey Checkboxes that make you download them. Download just those and update and then try building a rom. I am willing to bet you encounter the same New Errors as I do. Be thankful that you use Norton Ghost afterwards and hopefully you can get back up and running.
I have been going to the http://www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads/
And manually installing the files.
Also about cursor, belive it or not there is a post at PPCK regarding that,
http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1037
and at least one of the errors you are having.
Had it myself until I fixed it.
The file was uploaded that way. (with extra blank lines).
When I view the file in IE8, I click File\Save As... and save it to the folder with the build.
Then I make sure the curser flashes in the right place...
Check it out.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 11-26-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Banned User

greatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have been going to the http://www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads/
And manually installing the files.
Also about cursor, belive it or not there is a post at PPCK regarding that,
http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1037
and at least one of the errors you are having.
Had it myself until I fixed it.
The file was uploaded that way. (with extra blank lines).
When I view the file in IE8, I click File\Save As... and save it to the folder with the build.
Then I make sure the curser flashes in the right place...
Check it out.
The Manual downloads do not contain the new BuildOS files and PPCkitchen files. Trust me.. I am not talking about BuildOS.msi which is the installer package. The BuildOS files and PPCkitchen files are updates to the new PPCk v 1.0.0

Just do me a favor and give it a go. Run the updater and only get the files that it makes you get. They will be at the top. Greyed out, yet selected..

Edit: Thanks just checked out that post. I uninstalled my kitchen and am reinstalling and reupdating now. Then I have to copy my files back over. Will let you know how it turned out.

Last edited by greatguy320; 11-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yea, my 160GB passport gives me a backup pantry on hand.
So when I rotate stock, I allways the original files to compare the timestamp with.
It's just hard to tell what time zone the files originate from.
Usually the minutes are consistant but the hour is sometimes different.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Yea, my 160GB passport gives me a backup pantry on hand.
So when I rotate stock, I allways the original files to compare the timestamp with.
It's just hard to tell what time zone the files originate from.
Usually the minutes are consistant but the hour is sometimes different.
Haha, ok I know what you mean. Forgot to mention Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading.. I have to wait till 6 or 630 to eat. Its 2pm right now. My stomach is growling, bubbling, and I cant wait to eat!

I am still waiting on the darned updater. It errored out on me twice already at the very end..

Edit: Cac2us.. You my friend are a lifesaver. I am back up and running. It was indeed the flashing cursor thing. Sorry for not thinking so but you cant blame me. It worked fine last night before the update.

Edit: And thank you JooJoo for the fixed 21882 XIP files.. Still would like to figure out why me and Cac2us cant use the RAW files though. I dont want to repeat myself but maybe it has something to do with the Titan Core files.

Edit: I noticed with the new 21882 files the d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm and associated .txt file are missing. I dumped the out.bin and noticed it was missing the MSXIPkernelTK and every other PPCkitchen XIP and all of its files, and completed out.bin's have that. Thats how I noticed the files missing. Will this cause any problems booting? I am reluctant to try. I added that .dsm file and copied the missing txt from 28004 and then dumped the out.bin successfully. So looks like I have to try 2 XIPs. I will try yours first with the missing files. If it boots sweet, if it doesnt I will try mine.

People make sure if you are having problems building after using the updater to follow this link to joo joo's post with the fix. Worked for me after tons of my own tries and fixes. http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1037

Last edited by greatguy320; 11-26-2009 at 03:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG eXpo
Carrier: AT&T

Dark9781 is a n00b

I was going through a dump of LG's GM730 today and came across a program called DRM_Launcher. Now I've been having problems getting DRM to work on WM 6.5 and I know a lot of others are too. I was wondering what you guys thought of this program? Do you guys think that a program like this is need to get DRM to work on 6.5? Here is a link to the dump:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k0wonmdzmmi

The program can be found in the OEMMISC folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've noticed a weird issue with activesync in 28005, 28002, and 21882. I have the settings for my exchange server in an xml file so it automatically sets it up for me, and everything syncs fine. But I noticed last night that when I open activesync to manually sync, nothing responds - activesync opens and animations all work, but anything I try to click on the screen doesn't respond. All I can do is press a hardware key to get back to the home screen (home, back, or end - the hardware buttons all work). Anyone else notice this? Or does any one have an idea of what I should try?

Edit: - I just got it working in 28005. It must be one of my newer ext's... I'll update this post when I figure out which one for the sake of anyone else that makes the same stupid mistake I make...

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 11-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I've noticed a weird issue with activesync in 28005, 28002, and 21882. I have the settings for my exchange server in an xml file so it automatically sets it up for me, and everything syncs fine. But I noticed last night that when I open activesync to manually sync, nothing responds - activesync opens and animations all work, but anything I try to click on the screen doesn't respond. All I can do is press a hardware key to get back to the home screen (home, back, or end - the hardware buttons all work). Anyone else notice this? Or does any one have an idea of what I should try?

Edit: - I just got it working in 28005. It must be one of my newer ext's... I'll update this post when I figure out which one for the sake of anyone else that makes the same stupid mistake I make...
you aren't using AMeBa by any chance are you..? i was getting a similar effect w/v.3.1b

Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
you aren't using AMeBa by any chance are you..? i was getting a similar effect w/v.3.1b
I had a modified biotouch.dll that I was installing to get the EzInput keyboard working... it was causing the problem.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

Sicilykill is a n00b

With 21874 is anyone seeing an issue where attachments are not shown in emails? I can see where it downloads the attchment and saves it but the actual email does not have the paper clip and the attachment does not show up when the message is opened. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
Thanx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software