PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

smassele is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to smassele
PocketCM v0.21 is here!

PocketCM v0.21 is here ladies and gentlemen!

Size: 574 KB
Type: Freeware
Requirements:
• Windows Mobile 5.0 / WM6
Author: Quentin Pouplard
Home: http://www.pocketcm.com/index.php

PLEASE VISIT THE AUTHOR'S SITE ABOVE FOR DOWNLOAD OF THIS GREAT UPDATED FILE! I HAVE INCLUDED SCREENSHOTS OF THIS PROGRAM BELOW FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE!

Description
PocketCM is a finger friendly contact application for PDA phone, it will allow you to scroll to you list of contacts, call them and edit them.
Actually it's the rewrite in native of ContactManager, a .NET version of a finger friendly contact.

Are you using a VGA device? You'll need to download and install a VGA theme here.
If you are using a device with a 240px square screen, you'll need the a theme that support this screen size.

What's different from other contact application

It can be used with fingers, no need to get your stylus. Finding contact with your finger is really easy, it's different than other software: if you press you finger on the left or right border of the screen it will allow you to select the letter you're searching for, release the finger, it will show you the contact starting with this letter. Why does it work? Human being cannot point directly to the right letter on a small screen, however human are very precise while moving their finger. So you press the screen, see the feedback, adjust the position to the right letter... and you're done!
It's animated: the list scroll with your finger in a natural movement, the transition between contact detail and contact list are animated.
You can set contact as favorites, they will appear in the favorite list, perfect to get a quicklist of contacts under the finger.
You can edit your contact picture from the software, simply tap on the contact picture.
You can customize about everything by changing the setting.ini: color, font, background image, etc...
From ContactManager here's what's new/modified:
- Native version: this version doesn't use .NET compact framework, it's written in C++.
- Faster version: I've put some time improving performance, on my device, it goes quite well, tell me about you.
- Faster display: drawing is also optimized, however, it may have some issue for advanced theming, tell me about it.
- New fade effect while calling/edit conact/set picture, this offer a better transition between application, tell me what you think.
- Contact update if added/changed/deleted from other application (including activesync).
- Memory footprint: No more .NET crap, picture of contact should also take less memory.
- Ability to remove contact picture.
- Edit contact now goes to edit page directly.
- New contact now goes to edit page directly.
- New theme packaging (a theme in one file instead of many).
- Letter bar between contact.
- New setting for non latin alphabet (coming with localization but now it's technically possible).
- SMS conversation panel: hitting SMS button now goes to an SMS page. It will allow to send an SMS display previous conversation with this contact...

Installation instruction
- Create a new folder on your device.
- Unzip the content of the zip.
- Launch PocketCM.exe.

Note:
To close PocketCM Contacts, press for 250 ms to phone button at the bottom right of the screen. To minimize PocketCM Contacts, tap in the upper right corner.

To send SMS using PocketCM Contact, you have to hold the send button for at least 250 ms. It's a feature (that will be enhanced in future version) to avoid accidentaly send of messages.

Update Description
v0.21 (26-04-200
- New icon for contact with unread SMS or unseen missed call.
- Last unread SMS is shown instead of contact number in contact list.
- PocketCM Contact now handle phone call history: contact with new call are sorted first in SMS contact list.
- Rewritten code to handle SMS, should use less memory, and be a lot faster.
- Faster reading of SMS/phone history, startup time should be better.
- Text box now capitalize the first letter.
- Adding contact from SMS/phone history now update the contact correctly in the list.
- Some tweak in the default theme to make some part more visible, and avoid menu to popup when minimizing.
- Performance enhancement.
- Bug fixes & Memory leak fixes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg touch1det.jpg (9.0 KB, 342 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (9.2 KB, 270 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (6.5 KB, 178 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (6.1 KB, 181 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (9.1 KB, 273 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

kiesow567 is a n00b
Re: PocketCM v0.21 is here!

Are the themes for CM .20 still compatable?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

shadyj7 is a n00b

Does it use less memory than fun contact?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & HTC Touch

SomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the community

If you like this make sure you Donate to the Author, he worked hard on it and is giving it away for free.

--------------------------------------
sMMS Picture Mail v0.8.3.14000 - Sprint
Old 04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to Software Forum for greater viewing pleasure.

late,
Coz
Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

bryn987 is just getting started

does it have a favorite contact pic page?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiesow567 View Post
Are the themes for CM .20 still compatable?
According to a couple posters over at XDA, yes it is!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62#post2159962
(posts 574 +575)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Moved to Software Forum for greater viewing pleasure.

late,
Coz
Thanks Coz....always on the job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn987 View Post
does it have a favorite contact pic page?

Yes, it does, you just assign your favs, and they are on a list page all their own!!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor

In XT9 mode, is there a way to see the word suggestions again like it works in the normal text messaging app? I realize that I can scroll through the suggestions by hitting the directional keys on the keypad, but that's a bit cumbersome.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
kps
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kps is a n00b

A Noob here. Im running No2chem 5060 with PocketCM inside. How can I add additional theme? If I installed outside of ROM then I would drop in the directory and all would be good. Thanks,

kps
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kps View Post
A Noob here. Im running No2chem 5060 with PocketCM inside. How can I add additional theme? If I installed outside of ROM then I would drop in the directory and all would be good. Thanks,

kps

Im almost sure that you copy the theme folder into your windows folder on the device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software