PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Opera only showing 'mobile view enhanced by Google' after recent Flash

Hi everyone,

I believe this is the correct sub-forum to post this in, even though my Touch Pro 2 has the newest (May 24th I believe) MightyROM flashed, it is an Opera browser issue.

When I go to nearly any website, even ones I viewed many time over from my TP2 in the past using Opera, it is now displayed in this weird crippled text only version, that sometimes includes an "enhanced by Google" tag-line at the bottom of the page, with the option to "VIEW PAGE DIRECTLY" which most of the time rectifies the problem.

I checked settings, and have 'show images' and 'full page view' selected, and made sure NOT to select 'mobile view,' but I am still facing this weird issue of not being able to see websites in their native full form.

I know some websites, like my banking site, automatically senses if I am using a mobile browser and there isn't much I can do about that without some confusing registry edits I think, but what about everything else/other website?

Also... when I go to websites that have Podcasts/Audio-Media download links, usually tapping the link will open up the "Save As or Open" dialog and I can save to my SD card, but now I get an Error Message from Google saying "Oops... something went wrong" BUT WHEN I SELECT "VIEW PAGE DIRECTLY" the download goes on as normal and everything is fine ???

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Opera only showing 'mobile view enhanced by Google' after recent Flash

I think the problem that you are having is that you want to select the "Mobile View" not de-select it. Did you give that a try?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I think the problem that you are having is that you want to select the "Mobile View" not de-select it. Did you give that a try?
I assumed "Mobile View" was what was causing the formatting problems, taking full size normal web pages and trying to scale them down and convert them to mobile pages which subtracts a lot of content and graphics; but I will definitely give it a try and hope for the best, thanks!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Gellibeanz is a n00b

I've been having the same problem and I tried both deselecting and selecting mobile view but it still happens with just about every webpage and I find it really annoying because it only shows a little information at a time so I have to keep clicking on next page to find what I want plus there's not pictures. If you click on view page directly but then you have to go another page that verifies that you want to go to the page directly and its a little slow to load it just takes up a lot of time when I'm trying to look up information and need to go through several sites to find what I'm looking for. I tried changing my google settings too but its still formatting everything. I'm thinking I should just stick with the default opera browser that came with the phone because I don't remember having theses issues with that one plus the zoom bar worked with that but I really liked being able to have so many open tabs with this version.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellibeanz View Post
I've been having the same problem and I tried both deselecting and selecting mobile view but it still happens with just about every webpage and I find it really annoying because it only shows a little information at a time so I have to keep clicking on next page to find what I want plus there's not pictures. If you click on view page directly but then you have to go another page that verifies that you want to go to the page directly and its a little slow to load it just takes up a lot of time when I'm trying to look up information and need to go through several sites to find what I'm looking for. I tried changing my google settings too but its still formatting everything. I'm thinking I should just stick with the default opera browser that came with the phone because I don't remember having theses issues with that one plus the zoom bar worked with that but I really liked being able to have so many open tabs with this version.
If it wasn't for the "tabability" and overall great content rendering and usability, Skyfire would be the ultimate browser for smart phones. I have been using it recently to browse flash rich websites and also to make posts on forums where Opera will only populate mobile versions.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i just use the IEM no.mobile redirects at all on this browser and it even displays some flash (like YouTube) and works better on some sites than opera
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

andrewtheman is just getting started

This was killing my wife on her TP2, as Facebook kept switching to the mobile page, which she hates. What you do in Opera is enter opera:config in the address bar, then scroll down and click 'User Agent'. Change the numeric value for 'Spoof User Agent ID' to 4 (this masks your browser to websites, making it appear to be a Mozilla browser). Save. Then scroll a bit further down to the 'User Prefs' category, and scroll WAAAAY down to 'UAProf URL Enabled' and uncheck it. Save.

You can find out what ALL the settings do here: http://www.opera.com/support/usingop...aini/#usermode
(Some settings do not apply to mobile devices)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
i just use the IEM no.mobile redirects at all on this browser and it even displays some flash (like YouTube) and works better on some sites than opera
Hi, thanks a lot for the advice. Sounds like this a re-direct forcing mobile devices to bypass mobile pages?

If I wanted to view the full page(s) of Gizmodo for example, in stead of their mobile site... I would type in what exactly into my opera browser on my Touch Pro 2? no.mobile.www.gizmodo.com? I can even view Youtube videos directly via Youtube.com with this redirect method!? Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtheman View Post
This was killing my wife on her TP2, as Facebook kept switching to the mobile page, which she hates. What you do in Opera is enter opera:config in the address bar, then scroll down and click 'User Agent'. Change the numeric value for 'Spoof User Agent ID' to 4 (this masks your browser to websites, making it appear to be a Mozilla browser). Save. Then scroll a bit further down to the 'User Prefs' category, and scroll WAAAAY down to 'UAProf URL Enabled' and uncheck it. Save.

You can find out what ALL the settings do here: http://www.opera.com/support/usingop...aini/#usermode
(Some settings do not apply to mobile devices)
Wow, that's a great detailed tutorial on how to get the settings changes! Thank you so much - this is really helpful because in all honesty although Skyfire is pretty awesome, I just don't like relying on it or using it for my main mobile browser - yuck! I like the tabs in Opera and the clarity of image rendering!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

josh3794 is keeping up the good workjosh3794 is keeping up the good work

Some quick things I have had to do.
Open up the google.com webpage. If you look near the botton there is a link marked settings. Click that and it will take you to the google settings page. The second option is to let google converty pages for mobile view. Select no. Save and it will take you back to the google main page.

Copy the address at the top and set that as one of your main links from the opera start page. If you don't then you will have to reset that mobile view link everytime you start google.

Also here is a link that I found very usefull. It allows things like rsshub and others to go right to the actual page and not a mobiles view page.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1602
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software