PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bonethugsfiend7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text Message Ringer Issue

When I receive a text message or email message on my Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) I cannot hit the scroll wheel or any button at that to silence teh ringer and I end up having to listen to the entire ringer...I would like to be able to have a ringer that is more than 3 seconds and I've searched everywhere trying to find a solution...Anyone know of anything??? Oh and I've tried opening the message, and I've tried responding...Neither silences the ringer. Thanks
Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

Dralic is a n00b
I can't find a way to shut mine up ther but I set the ringer to an MP3 you just have to find the one you want and drop it into the windows directory.

I got mine from www.tuneusin.com not the best website but they have some short MP3 SFX files for free.

Click on Ringtones >scroll down on the next page and select SFX they don't have a lot but you may find one you like I did. I used the Star Trek original intro from themes. It is like 8 sec and loud.

Yes we have EVDO in Alabama. And, Yes someone asked me.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

oh so if i use MP3 SFX files they will stop once I open them or want them to silence?? i create my ringtones using WavePad already, so I have the ringers of my choice, its just the frustration of knowing that they will not stop at my discretion
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
ean
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

ean is a n00b
Hitting the volume toggle down always silences any type of ringer on my PPC-6700, weather its voice or text. It shouldnt matter weather you use a default ringer or an MP3, nor will that fix it if its not working. If this has never worked, something may be wrong with your toggle, and it just stopped working, a recent tweak may be blocking it. Last time mine stopped working, I had to hard reset to get it back up and running. If you have a backup of your registry, I would try that first.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

Dralic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonethugsfiend7 View Post
oh so if i use MP3 SFX files they will stop once I open them or want them to silence?? i create my ringtones using WavePad already, so I have the ringers of my choice, its just the frustration of knowing that they will not stop at my discretion
No but it will only make noise for a the lingth of the MP3 which in the case of my choice was just a few seconds. Original post I read as wanting more than a beep but not 30sec to a min of rington. I have the same issue with my device and I find my suggestion to be acceptable. You may not.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

oh i have hte same thing because i have 8 second ringer for my text message buts its the principle of the fact how they took off that feature whether it is WM6 or the phone itself...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

still nobody that knows of anyway that can tweak the text/email ringer settings, b/c i'd like it if the ringer turned off when i opened the text message or silence if i pleased....if anyone can help, much appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

DefRide9 is a n00b
i called them about this issue when i first got my 6800 and they said that was one thing they didn't bother to do or something like that so i just made my own custom ringtone out of a 3-4 second part of a song i liked and did it like that, that's the only way i know of
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks